Great watch cases for cheap?

Thread: Great watch cases for cheap?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Great watch cases for cheap?

Hello all,

So I found on amazon this watch case that seems tempting to get and for its price as well. The problem is, is this a good case? If there are other cases like this that are better quality, are they within the price range of this (doubt :( )? I am in need of a good case as I have several G's in separate cases and would like a case for them all.

The link:
    10 Grid Watches Display Storage Box Case Jewelry Faux Leather Black Fashion: Amazon.com: Home & Kitchen

Thanks in advance for reading

Re: Great watch cases for cheap?

That is IMO not an appropriate solution for G-Shock-storage - you need something like this (for around 8.95€):

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

LUW

How "deep" are those slots? I wonder if you couldn't put a pillow in each and make the briefcase into a more traditional watch box.
    If possible, for the price, I don't think anything would beat it.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

i have this case, if you have any velcro watches they wont fit in unless u take 2 spots and let the clip rest on the one above
    dont have any photos to explain. for the price tho they are pretty good, all you really need

Quote Originally Posted by Si1versky View Post
    Hello all,

So I found on amazon this watch case that seems tempting to get and for its price as well. The problem is, is this a good case? If there are other cases like this that are better quality, are they within the price range of this (doubt :( )? I am in need of a good case as I have several G's in separate cases and would like a case for them all.

The link:
    10 Grid Watches Display Storage Box Case Jewelry Faux Leather Black Fashion: Amazon.com: Home & Kitchen

Thanks in advance for reading
    If you're looking for more of a 'traditional' watch box, like the one you posted a link to, don't be so concered with the materials of the watch box. most of them are made of crap, i mean really, you're getting what you pay for. It won't fall apart though, and the watch box is most likely going to be sitting on your dresser. So....here are the important things to think about, especially for storing g-shock watches. 1) width of the compartments (g-shocks tend to be bigger than most watches, except for certain dive watches, and 2) the depth of the slots, as well as making sure the top of the box doesn't close down on top of your watches. Also, keep in mind that if you look into 20 watch display cases, in most instances, the bottom shelf has less depth and sometimes less width than the top shelf. I bought a 20 watch display box a few months back. It took me forever to pick one out, but I got a wonderful one. It's made to hold watches up to 60mm wide. It's a much bigger box than the average. I also spent about $100 on it. I only wanted to spend $50 for a while, but I found everything and anything in that price range was just crap. And that I thought about it this way...If a watch box costs me the price of one brand new G-Shock, and it can protect 20 of them, it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    How "deep" are those slots? I wonder if you couldn't put a pillow in each and make the briefcase into a more traditional watch box.
    If possible, for the price, I don't think anything would beat it.
    Yes, I planned to use some pipe isolation foam to put the watches on and put a piece in each of the slots but then it can't hold two in each compartment so I left it the way it is - Gs need no cushion .

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thanks all.
    @sedi, I have cases like that for roofing, galvanised, and decking nails. lol, I think it's a bit too industrial, but it is a great idea with some padding in it. I wanted a case with protection and able to display the watches, but as I've heard here, to each his own.

@willylix, your tip is the best that I'm going to follow with. It seems I now have to up the price of my case budget. this now means have better choices, but thanks for the ideas.

Again, thanks for the help from all.

what was budget before, what is it now?...If you don't want to say you can also message me. Also, I got my watch box off of an extremely trusted seller w/ tons of great feedback through ebay. Transaction went extremely smooth. So if you want to know which box I got or who the seller was, just let me know.

Willy, you should post the box here. That way, we can all benefit. Thanks!

I got this one for my Birthday, works real nice, large enough compartments. Only problem you may have is with using the standard cushions that come with it combined with watches that have a very high face and that are also on one of those big velcro bands. They can make contact with the lid when you close it if you dont push them down far enough into the box.

EDIT: heres the link: Brand New Design from Mele & Co 10 watch Box in Navy Blue Bonded Leather: Amazon.co.uk: Home & Garden

The only watch in my collection that can sometimes hit the lid if i don't push it down far enough is the blue 2310 with the big blue velcro camo strap you can see in the picture in the bottom middle. All the other watches fit in there absolutely no problem. Its leather and well made too, perfect if you like a bit of class!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-08-06 21.45.27 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	1045 
Size:	471.3 KB 
ID:	784903
    Last edited by nilmunny; August 7th, 2012 at 17:50.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information