Great youtube channel with vintage and modern G-shock reviews
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By kung-fusion
  • 2 Post By Morteza

Thread: Great youtube channel with vintage and modern G-shock reviews

Great youtube channel with vintage and modern G-shock reviews

Probably a repost, but I thought I'd post about it anyway just in case. Does anyone know if this guy is a WUS forum member?

fwupow - YouTube
    Dave I and Morteza like this.

Re: Great youtube channel with vintage and modern G-shock reviews

Yep, this guy's review is top notch. Sometimes is a bit long but he cover all functions in detail so I don't mind.
    Let's calling him out!

His reviews are pretty meticulous!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm subscribed to his channel and I watch pretty most of his videos. Very interesting, and always there is some interesting history behind certain watch. Really great.
    Have a great day!

I just knew before clicking the link it would be about the guy who uses a toothpick.
    I saw his review about the GW6900, but didn't remember his name.

Quote Originally Posted by captain kid View Post
    I just knew before clicking the link it would be about the guy who uses a toothpick.
    I saw his review about the GW6900, but didn't remember his name.
    Toothpick, stylus and even piece of hygienic swab. :) I knew it's about fwupow too.
    Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by kurzjak

Toothpick, stylus and even piece of hygienic swab. :) I knew it's about fwupow too.
    My favorite is the krink video when he tried to make a clean environment to work in by putting clear sheets of plastic over the work area. This guy is incredibly detail oriented and leaves nothing to chance!

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by wuyeah View Post
    Yep, this guy's review is top notch. Sometimes is a bit long but he cover all functions in detail so I don't mind. Let's calling him out!
    A bit long? That's an understatement! Don't get me wrong, I have watched quite a number of his videos and find that he does meticulous work. But many of them could be significantly shorter without losing detail. There's just so much white space between things he says, especially when he's trying to find the words to say or repeating what he has already said. Also, at times he seems to enjoy lingering and embellishing on very minor things. I saw somebody make a comment to this effect on one of his videos, and his reply was not very ingratiating, claiming that a century from now when these watches have been long discontinued that people will enjoy having more not less. I think he missed the point trying to be made.
    Last edited by xevious; April 23rd, 2012 at 03:03.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by xevious
    A bit long? That's an understatement! Don't get me wrong, I have watched quite a number of his videos and find that he does meticulous work. But many of them could be significantly shorter without losing detail. There's just so much white space between things he says, especially when he's trying to find the words to say or repeating what he has already said. Also, at times he seems to enjoy lingering and embellishing on very minor things. I saw somebody make a comment to this effect on one of his videos, and his reply was not very ingratiating, claiming that a century from now when these watches have been long discontinued that people will enjoy having more not less. I think he missed the point trying to be made.
    Yeah they are long. But it's refreshing to have that sort of detail covered rather than the usual 2 minute "check out this cool backlight! Dope colors!" Type of reviews. I had his dw-5200 video running while I was restoring one of my dw-5200s. What could be more appropriate?

He is a member here. Here's the link to his profile. I love his videos. They are long, but very very deep and informative, I must say.
    Last edited by Morteza; April 23rd, 2012 at 05:31.
    kung-fusion and kurzjak like this.
    "There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well: drive and make love."~ Sir Stirling Moss

Thread Information