Green Strap for DW 9000

Thread: Green Strap for DW 9000

Green Strap for DW 9000

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement one piece green translucent strap for my DW 9000 ? I had an accident and damaged mine and it's very much a favourite watch... I've tried Tiktox here in the UK but they don't appear to have one so I'm going to have to look further afield....

Any help from anyone much appreciated !
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

cst

Re: Green Strap for DW 9000

Keep your eye on eBay and eBay Japan, a good used or nos might come up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I've a saved search organised with email notifications just in case something turns up. Unfortunately I think these might be few and far between these days which is a shame as the head is in perfect order. This was it before I messed it up !

"The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

cst

I've seen the whole watch in good condition sell on eBay recently so that might be an option and you will have spares, but you will have to watch out for resin rot.

cst

Looks very nice by the way.

If you go to PacPart's "Search by Model Number" page and put in "DW9000" you'll get 46 different versions of that model -- it looks like they made that model in a LOT of colors!

Now for the ancient "good news, bad news" schtick:

The bad news is that they only have "thumbnail pictures" of about half of those models.

The sort-of good news is that about half of the models that I looked at still have parts available!

The bad news is the ONLY part they have for many of them is the strap, but....

The good news is, that's the part you need!

The bad news is, without knowing exactly WHICH model you have, or what shade of green, you might have a hard time tracking down the exact same strap. Here's a WUS thread featuring another one in what looks like a different, more "olive" shade of green: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/cas...de-424743.html

The sort-of good news is you CAN buy and install a boring black strap, so you'll still be able to wear the watch and have a "custom" version, even though it won't look "original."

I'd suggest calling them on the phone and trying to describe your model's color to them and see if they can perhaps help find the "right" shade of green.

Mike, thanks for that. It appears that they are advertising that they do the strap for my version (DW9000XS-3 I think) but that there is a wait while they order it.... presumably that's from Casio themselves so I may try going direct...

It could just be a waiting game I think. I've got other G Shock straps that fit, it would just be nice to get the right one as the head is in such nice condition and it's an old favourite....

Glad to be able to help out, and here's hoping that you can get it directly from Casio and save yourself the wait!

I'm curious about what Casio is doing with parts these days -- a few months ago, the Casio USA parts page said they would no longer sell parts directly to consumers, and I quoted/linked to that page again about a month ago. Here's a thread from September about it, and I thought that the Casio page had been changed to reflect that change as well: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/cas...rs-911096.html

As of yesterday, that announcement is no longer on that page, and their phone number is back! (They still have a "blurb" explaining how parts for certain models will only be available if the consumer sends the watch in for service, but it doesn't say that they're not selling ANY parts to customers.)

Since you're in the UK, I have NO idea what Casio UK might have been doing with their policies during all this.

Well I've e-mailed Casio UK and I'll let you know what they have to say when and if they get back to me.... In the meantime I shall continue the hunt online in the hope that something will turn up eventually.. ..

Thread Information