Grey bar under DW-9052

Thread: Grey bar under DW-9052

Grey bar under DW-9052

Thre are two grey rubberized attachments on my 9052.They come off the front and back of the case and go under the caseback left to right or vice versa since they are one piece.They appear to be adaptors for a nylon strap .I am using them as such.Are they supposed to be?,or is it just a neat thing they thought they would add without ever thinking of what I am using it for?

Re: Grey bar under DW-9052

Quote Originally Posted by James Haury View Post
    Thre are two grey rubberized attachments on my 9052.They come off the front and back of the case and go under the caseback left to right or vice versa since they are one piece.They appear to be adaptors for a nylon strap .I am using them as such.Are they supposed to be?,or is it just a neat thing they thought they would add without ever thinking of what I am using it for?
    They are intended to shield your wrist from the screws and to provide a rounder structure of the caseback with the main area betweend the bars lower so that the wearing comfort is increased.

Nylon straps are regularly fitted with special pieces that are mounted to the watch with springbars. If these bars were intended for this purpose, they ceratinly wouldn't be flush with the caseback...

Re: Grey bar under DW-9052

Quote Originally Posted by James Haury View Post

You may end up loosing your watch if you have a nylon strap on the grey sections underneath because they are very flimsy and may pull away from the small screw heads that secure them.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Thread Information