GS-1001 problem

Thread: GS-1001 problem

GS-1001 problem

My friend's few months old GS-1001 and the hour and minute hands+the 24hrs dial are not moving at all.

1. The second hand, second dial (6 o'clock post) and calendar are functioning.

2. I've tried adjusting the time based on the 4799 module manual accordingly(step-by-step). Everything working as order but when it comes to adjusting time procedure, the hour and minute hands not moving but the steps after that functioning like nothing wrong.

3. The Gs make all the right beeping sounds.

4. The second dial hand moving as usual but the hour, minute and 24hrs dial are not moving.

5. I'm confuse whether the mechanical in the module going haywire or it just stuck in this particular mode that I don't know what the hell it is.

6. How to reset the watch?

I hope some of you guys can help me with this as I'm the one who sold him the watch...and it's not easy to convince a skeptical dude like him...i feel guilty if the watch broke down after few months of usage since i already told him G-Shock is a tough watch...

Re: GS-1001 problem

Quote Originally Posted by muzzodammerung View Post
    My friend's few months old GS-1001 and the hour and minute hands+the 24hrs dial are not moving at all.

1. The second hand, second dial (6 o'clock post) and calendar are functioning.

2. I've tried adjusting the time based on the 4799 module manual accordingly(step-by-step). Everything working as order but when it comes to adjusting time procedure, the hour and minute hands not moving but the steps after that functioning like nothing wrong.

3. The Gs make all the right beeping sounds.

4. The second dial hand moving as usual but the hour, minute and 24hrs dial are not moving.

5. I'm confuse whether the mechanical in the module going haywire or it just stuck in this particular mode that I don't know what the hell it is.

6. How to reset the watch?

I hope some of you guys can help me with this as I'm the one who sold him the watch...and it's not easy to convince a skeptical dude like him...i feel guilty if the watch broke down after few months of usage since i already told him G-Shock is a tough watch...
    You try to reset using this method.

Please make sure you are in the the time keeping mode. Hold down the adjust button for 3 seconds, then press the mode button. All the dials will move to 12 o'clock position. This is Casio called it as Home Position adjustment.

Then observe the 24hr dial, see whether it moves or not. In normal conditions it will moves. Then pressed the adjust button again to return to normal time keeping mode.
    Please observe the 24hr dial movement. If move is O.K, if not probably the battery is weak or the relay coil of the dial motor is fault.

Kindly advise your friend to bring it to service center's to have it checked.

Your problem is same as my father's G-1000 series which the PCB module that control the motor is fail. After replaced the new module, which cost me around USD 35, it's back to normal again.

Hopefully its helps.

cheers,

yschow

hi yschow

thanks for the input, i already tried the home position setting but the said hands won't even budge...i take it as a confirmed faulty movement...

by the way, since we're both malaysian, can you suggest the location of the service centres? and the cost?..35 bucks is around...i'm not sure...100 ringgit?

thank you again..you've been a great help

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Dear muzzodammerung,

Selamat Datang ke forum G-Shock!

It's seems the module is fault. Better bring it to Casio Service Center to have it checked.

Here is some of good service center:

a) Time Classic (Locate at the Summit USJ 1st Floor or at second outlet at Tropicana (Ground Floor)

b) Syarikat Zeppo (also at Summit USJ, ground floor)

c) G-Factory (Sunway Pyramid or Isetan KLCC)

*Kindly please bring in your Warranty Card during service. Note: Only Syarikat Zeppo & G-Factory is Authorised Servicre center from Marco Corp. of Malaysia).

The technician will have your friend watch to checked, please ask them what is the cost for repair and replacement of module, as I know G-Factory need to send back to Marco at Jalan Segambut for module replacement as they need to check for inventory, if no stock they will advise whether need to be ordered the new module. My former GL-300 is fault due to water flows in which cost me RM 220.00 and 2 months to order, assemble the module....

For pricing quote please do ask them before proceed the repair, as pricing may vary...do shop around to get better deal.

Hopefully this help.

PS: Charges will applied if the watch is exceed it's warranty period.

cheers,

yschow
    Last edited by yschow; August 25th, 2010 at 03:15.

Thread Information