GS-1100 out of battery

Thread: GS-1100 out of battery

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GS-1100 out of battery

Hello
    I need some advice. My Casio GS-1100 has been in the dark too long and have stopped totally.
    I put the watch under a lightbulb now for 5 hours and still no sign of life. Is there anything I can do?

Göran

Re: GS-1100 out of battery

Doesn't sound promising, but I'd put it in daylight for a day.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

lvt

Sunlight brings life to Earth, it will resuscitate your watch too :P
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A couple of hours under the lightbulb started the watch again. Didn't think it wwould work, but it did

Göran

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Göran,

the lightbulb will only temporarily bring the solar battery back to life. if it was really completely drained, it is best to put the watch on a sunny south window (yeah I know, kind of hard these days) and leave it there at least for one week. the "good" news is, that your watch has an extreme low capacity solar battery (only 5.5mah) which should be fully charged in one week even with suboptimal light conditions. however, I recommend to let the watch sit on the window sill whenever you don't wear it.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    Göran,

the lightbulb will only temporarily bring the solar battery back to life. if it was really completely drained, it is best to put the watch on a sunny south window (yeah I know, kind of hard these days) and leave it there at least for one week. the "good" news is, that your watch has an extreme low capacity solar battery (only 5.5mah) which should be fully charged in one week even with suboptimal light conditions. however, I recommend to let the watch sit on the window sill whenever you don't wear it.

cheers
    I don't own any solar G-shocks yet but if there is no sunlight (overcast and grey clouds), will the sunlight during the day be enough or does it have to be better weather conditions for sunlight?
    Calibre Sea Knight | Casio G-Shock DW5600E-1V, G-Shock DW6600C-1V, G-Shock DW6900-1V,G-Shock DW6900CB-1, G-Shock DW9052-1V, G-Shock Mudman G9000-8V, G-Shock Gulfman G9100-1, G-Shock GA-100A-7ADR, G-Shock GD-100-1AJF, G-Shock G-Lide GLX-5600 (Red, Blue), G-Shock Rescue Red G7900A-4, GW7900B-1,G-Shock GX1-A, Pathfinder Triple Sensor PAG40-7, Waveceptor WV200A-2AV | Fossil Blue FS-5001, Fossil Big Tic JR-1822 | Garmin Forerunner 15 | Invicta 1103 Chronograph, Invicta 1439 Russian Diver Rose, Invicta 6860 Eagle Force Collection Red Dial, Invicta 8926C Pro Diver Collection Coin-Edge | Invicta 21485 Specialty Analog | Invicta 21488 Pro Diver | Movado BOLD 3600367 | Orient CDBAA003A, CEM5J005B, CEM75004B (Mako XL), CTT02003W, EM65-C5 CA (Pepsi) | Seiko 5 SNK357, SNXF09K, Seiko Core SNE343 | Sinobi 3585G | Stuhrling Classic Delphi Omega Automatic Skeleton | Swiss Military Hanowa Sealander 316L | Technomarine TM-115174 Cruise BlueRay | Timex 395LA | Tom Tom Spark Cardio & Audio

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

well, bright sunny daylight obviously works best, but even cloudy weather is still a lot brighter (and therefore superior) than most artificial lightsources ( nuclear detonationes not included )

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Daylight (rather than sunlight) is fine.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    Göran,

cheers
    Yes, 5.5 milliamps is a very small battery.

I have placed my new GS1300 for at least two hours in a south window near noon for just a week, and will continue this for this month of January.

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by sidecross View Post
    Yes, 5.5 milliamps is a very small battery.

Isn't it 18 mAh ?
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information