Gs at the Office
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gs at the Office

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Gs at the Office

Hey Ya'll

Up until now, I've only been a fan of automatic divers watches, but after joining this forum and lurking in the G-shock forum, I'm really lusting for a G!

I am thinking mostly about the GWM5600 or the new riseman

The problem is... I work in finance, so I don't know if i can wear the watch to work. Prove me wrong and show me pictures of your Gs with dress shirts!

Re: Gs at the Office

I definitely wouldn't wear a resin watch with a suit and probably wouldn't wear one with a dress shirt, just not professional dress in my opinion. The upper end MRG series....8100, 8000, 7500 and 7100 would all look far dressier than a dive watch, again in my opinion. That's why I find your question a bit curious, you're not wearing particularly dressy watches now.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorJ View Post
    I definitely wouldn't wear a resin watch with a suit and probably wouldn't wear one with a dress shirt, just not professional dress in my opinion. The upper end MRG series....8100, 8000, 7500 and 7100 would all look far dressier than a dive watch, again in my opinion. That's why I find your question a bit curious, you're not wearing particularly dressy watches now.
    Totally get where you are coming from. I actually don't need to wear suits to work, we are mostly business casual. I am also fresh out of school, so I can get away with a lot...

I guess the main reason I want a G is because I will be traveling quite a bit and I wanted to have a multi time zone feature in my watch

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think a 5600 or variant looks good with a dress shirt, and I've done it before, but then again, I don't work in an office or any place that requires a dress shirt and tie, so I had nobody tell me that it's wrong. but I also wouldn't care if they thought it was wrong. I like the watch and full metal bracelet watches always plucks the hair on my arms. Perhaps you can try to go for a GW-M5600BC. It's a negative display 5600 with a composite bracelet. Low profile, but still classic G.

I have GWM5600BC and it looks cool with dress shirt...
    However, you cannot get the same bussiness effect with G-Shock as you can for example with Rolex, Breitling or Omega.

It looks much better with the darker shirts, but I don't have other photos at the moment:

Perhaps you could use the white model also?

As for the riseman, I don't think you can pull it off with non casual office wear.
    Perhaps some of MR-G models? They look more ellegant and expensive.
    Last edited by Rocky555; April 2nd, 2010 at 19:35.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorJ View Post
    I feel the opposite is true. IMO a nice dive style watch on a bracelet works very well in a professional setting and I see them quite often. Definitely a step above a G in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky555 View Post
    I have GWM5600BC and it looks cool with dress shirt...
    However, you cannot get the same bussiness effect with G-Shock as you can for example with Rolex, Breitling or Omega.

It looks much better with the darker shirts, but I don't have other photos at the moment:

Perhaps you could use the white model also?

As for the riseman, I don't think you can pull it off with non casual office wear.
    Perhaps some of MR-G models? They look more ellegant and expensive.

The GWM5600BC looks great! The problem is the watch isnt as readily available in the states is as its positive display counterpart, and is quite a big more expensive... because of your pictures, it looks like there is definitely a 5600 in my future

Inactive

I'm not one of those which often wear dressy clothes, but when I do, I prefer a good looking analog watch.

One practical note about the Riseman: It's thick, and it can be a problem even with casual shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by monsters View Post
    The GWM5600BC looks great! The problem is the watch isnt as readily available in the states is as its positive display counterpart, and is quite a big more expensive... because of your pictures, it looks like there is definitely a 5600 in my future
    You will not regret it

If you don't know where to buy 5600BC, you can always order it from Tiktox.com

And really, is the difference of 50-60$ that much? That watch is something you will wear a lot.

Sorry for non Casio post, but IMHO this is the ultimate digital dress watch, cool looking and retro style:

And there is dark variant too:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information