Which Gshock?

Thread: Which Gshock?

Which Gshock?

Hi, i have a casio db36 and my band just tore off.Now i'm very inclinated to buy a casio Gshock.
    I don't want to spend much money on this, so which model should i get?

My requisites are: water resistence 100m or more, stopwatch, timer, alarm and date, which i believe all G-shocks have.One thing that is not a requisite for me but i really like it to had is the tough solar.Oh, and i think the round ones are much prettier.

I found the DW6900-1v and the [email protected] on ebay for $43,00 which with all the shipping and taxes for my country is a little expensive...

Re: Which Gshock?

Unfortunately that's as about as inexpensive as G-Shocks get. On occasion the DW5600E will dip into the $36 dollar range on Amazon but that's about as far as it usually goes.

yeah the shipping is the trouble...Hos does international shipping works on amazon?Never bought anything there...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm not sure about international shipping from Amazon. It might depend on the seller.

Most any G-Shock will meet your basic requirements. It looks like there's some good solar ones starting at about $55 USD:
    Amazon.com: 10% to 99% off - solar G-Shock: Watches

how much time does the dw6900 light lasts?If the light's button is pressed the light will keep on?
    I have issues trying to set an alarm with my db36 because it only lasts like 1-2 seconds even when the button is keep pressed

Also, a dw6900 would look too big on a 16cm(6,30 inches) wrist?
    Last edited by khayyin; January 28th, 2011 at 17:40.

Quote Originally Posted by khayyin View Post
    how much time does the dw6900 light lasts?If the light's button is pressed the light will keep on?
    I have issues trying to set an alarm with my db36 because it only lasts like 1-2 seconds even when the button is keep pressed

Also, a dw6900 would look too big on a 16cm(6,30 inches) wrist?
    I'm not sure, but I think they have programmable a 1.5 second and 5 second setting. You can definitely look at the manuals for that specific module.

And, no it will not look TOO big on your wrist. I'm a 6.5 wrist, and the DW6900 is definitely large, but that's the style that most Gs go for.

On the DW-6900 the light will last probably 3 seconds when you press the button, but it will stay lit as long as you press it. The DW-6900 has no programmable illumination duration - this feature wasn't invented yet when the DW-6900 was first released. If you want solar you'd have to go for either G-6900 or GW-6900 (added atomic reception). On the newer ones the illumination won't last as long as the buttons is pressed but you can change the illumination between 1.5 and 3 seconds. If you want really long illumination go for the G-7900 or GLX-6900 (could also be a GLS-5600 or G-9000 - all those models have basically the same functions - except for the added tide/moon data on the 7900 and 6900) - they have switchable illumination duration between 3 and 5 seconds. Not solar though but with a long lasting battery (CR2025 - should be good for 5 years at least).

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thread Information