gshock DW6900 has been shock !

Thread: gshock DW6900 has been shock !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Confused gshock DW6900 has been shock !

i went down on my mountain bike, and when i recovered at home i notice my g-shock was not working. make a long story short, i took back cover off, and notice a little "gold " spring floating aroung!what is it, what does it do, AND where the "heck" does it go ? can any one help me? thank you for your time. ..................duke "crash-em-up" lighting

Re: gshock DW6900 has been shock !

Most quartz watches have a tiny spring that just connects to the outer back case of the watch, there should be a tiny hole for it to sit in.

Those springs are pressure fit tightly in there with the case closed. I can't imagine any way that the spring came loose due to impact as therer would be simply no where for it to go.

More likely than not, the spring came out of it's hole when you were opening the case and has nothing to do with the watch not working. If there is only one spring there, it is only for the alarm piezo and the watch can do everything but beep without it inserted.

Some watches, like pathfinders, have 3 springs. One is for the alarm as stated above and the other two when connected to each other by pressing against the caseback, complete a circuit to let the watch know if the case is opened or closed. Even when these springs are not connected or absent, the screen still simply displays "open" and does not completely die.

I would start troubleshooting by checking the battery. Maybe it came slightly loose and lost contact or was on the verge of death before the impact.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for your quick responce! I do see the spring that is seated just udercover, it is in its proper hole! (this spring is long & silver in coloer, however the mystery spring is short and gold in color)...

Quote Originally Posted by g-shock duke View Post
    Thank you for your quick responce! I do see the spring that is seated just udercover, it is in its proper hole! (this spring is long & silver in coloer, however the mystery spring is short and gold in color)...
    There has got to be a hole for that one too. Can you show a picture of both the module and the case back please?

Yes, isee that spring,its still there. A bit longer &silver in color, the outher spring is a little smaller & gold in color! Thank you for your quick responce!

Does it look like this when open?

Got that picture from another thread here on WUS.

i'am a new meber to watchuseek! i half to figer out how to post a picture. plus i broke my wrist ,christmas eve. so iam alittle bit slow ! i really went down for the count on my bike last week...i wil try and take picture..thank you for your time...

yes! THATS IT!!! WOW, JUST LIKE THAT!! now where did the little gold spring come from???

Found this picture here and I can see some gold under the module. Without having a DW6900 myself to disassemble and find out what it is, I have no idea. Maybe I should head over to Macy's and buy one. Would be a good excuse to buy another G anyway!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information