Gshock - GW2500

Thread: Gshock - GW2500

Gshock - GW2500

I have a Casio G-Shock ana-digi GW2500-B.
    Love the watch, but the mineral crystal has a nice deep gouge in it. Casio says they can't replace the crystal. Any way to do so, or is it available anywhere? The watch is still available from retailers, so I wouldn't think it would be totally discontinued yet... only had the watch a couple years...

Idears?

Re: Gshock - GW2500

I think any watchmaker who deserves that name should be able to do that.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Can't beleive Casio say they can't replace the crystal! Wonder why, as this is a really common watch repair. I've had my Citizen Skyhawk crystal replaced twice now by Citizen, (I was a little careless with this watch) at very reasonable costs, around £25.

I actually have a GW2500, so will be really careful with it now seeing as the repair is beyond Casio...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, I have a Citizen Calibre 8700 and have had the crystal replaced several times as well... I wear the Casio at night due to the light and also for when I'm doing work that is more intensive than sitting behind a desk :) It's a great watch, but would love to get a new crystal in it and get it re-sealed.

Really - I think any watchmaker should be able to do that - the gasket is standard (round not some odd shape like on some other G-Shocks) and the crystal too.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Sedi, I will check with a watchmaker/repair place here in town and see what they have to say... We have a good friend of the family that does that for a living, so I will talk to him first... :)

You may want to try contacting them again. Sometimes, you'll get a lazy service rep or one that isn't very knowledgeable. Just doesn't make sense they can't replace the crystal.

I even found the part number on pacparts.com. So if they have it listed, the part does exist and their service department should be able to service.
    Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc.

CASIO
    GLASS NOT IN STOCK* $5.00

Yeah, I looked on pacparts also and found the same thing...I called Timemasters again and they said they have to put it in a new case and special order the case from Casio in Japan.

I will probably try to go the local route first...
    Last edited by arvetus; November 23rd, 2011 at 18:35.

Thread Information