GShock with HUGE, CLEAN interface?

Thread: GShock with HUGE, CLEAN interface?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GShock with HUGE, CLEAN interface?

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and am very interested in finding the perfect watch!

My perfect watch is something that I can very easily tell the time from: not to cluttered!
    http://www.gnomonwatches.com/images/...e_PilotM4L.jpg

Although, it could also be digital, as long as its BIG.

Also, it needs to be TOUGH. I was thinking the gshock mudman, but the ones I see are really cluttered. So I guess my question is, where can I get a mudman that has ONLY a HUGE time display? If not a mudman, than do you know of any other watches that are mud/dirt/shock/dust/water resistant with a huge simple interface?

Thanks!

Re: GShock with HUGE, CLEAN interface?

This one

MT-G 900 or 910 in Europe. Doesn't have a CDT, but if you don't need that I think it's hard to beat.

BTW, every G shock is mud/dirt/shock/dust/water resistant.
    Wear what you like.

then what extra stuff does a mudman provide? I go ATV riding in the woods and am frequently up to chest in mud. I need a watch that can survive that!

Edit: and what is CDT?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by diego898 View Post
    then what extra stuff does a mudman provide? I go ATV riding in the woods and am frequently up to chest in mud. I need a watch that can survive that!

Edit: and what is CDT?
    CDT = count down timer. The mudman has covered buttons. The covers are integrated into the bezel. Also there's a rubber or resin bit that covers the part of the back plate that could get some ingress. For what you do, the mudman may be the ticket. Most people aren't really getting THAT muddy, lol. Also you can look at the G-5500. It has a much cleaner interface in my opinion, but the digits aren't really any larger. It also has the covered buttons. It was also kind of known as mud resist when it first came out. The original Mudman is somewhat different than the current.
    Wear what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceS View Post
    This one

MT-G 900 or 910 in Europe. Doesn't have a CDT, but if you don't need that I think it's hard to beat.

do you think "mud" resistant involves being able to completely put my arm (and watch) in the mud to push an ATV out and then removing it but letting the dirt just try/fall off?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by diego898 View Post
    do you think "mud" resistant involves being able to completely put my arm (and watch) in the mud to push an ATV out and then removing it but letting the dirt just try/fall off?

thanks!
    Can't see why not. There have been similar threads. One I remember was a guy running one of those mud races. He was coated. Took him awhile to clean his Mudman off, but all was well. :)
    Wear what you like.

If you want a Mudman with big digits - try either the GW-9000 or the "Rally Timer" GW-9010 - both have big digits and a crisp display.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by BruceS View Post
    This one

+1

To the OP I have had this watch (MTG 900) for going on 9 years now. In that time I have done concrete construction for 4 year, bounced at college bars for 3 years, worked in a kitchen for a Summer, and just generally beat the heck out of it and it is till going strong. I've had my hand elbow deep in both concrete and mixtures of mud/slime etc and all she needed was a quick hosing off and it was good to go.

Im looking for another G to add to my collection and am debating getting the 910 (same watch just black instead of ss) since its been so good to me.

Last edited by SwedishElite22; January 25th, 2011 at 02:32.

Ω SMP 300M 2220.80 • G-Shock GW7900B-1 • G-Shock MTG900 • Garmin FR10 • DTW LE Chrono
    True Grail : A. Lange & Söhne Zeitwerk
    Live your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life... and when it comes time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

Not a "gshock" but it got a clean face, big digits and recessed window WVM120D-7

GW-701D

G-5600E

GX-56, largest G-shock

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information