GSHOCK-RANGEMAN-GPR-B1000: Display Modes and Battery Consumption - Question

Thread: GSHOCK-RANGEMAN-GPR-B1000: Display Modes and Battery Consumption - Question

GSHOCK-RANGEMAN-GPR-B1000: Display Modes and Battery Consumption - Question

Hello - does display mode in Rangeman has any influence upon battery consumption? I have some weird issue with battery, while changing to Sunrise/Sunset mode - the battery goes to 3/4 after like 12 - 14 hrs, then I change back to normal, and battery goes to 4/4 after 2 hrs.... What could it be?

Re: GSHOCK-RANGEMAN-GPR-B1000: Display Modes and Battery Consumption - Question

Quote Originally Posted by shabakx View Post
    Hello - does display mode in Rangeman has any influence upon battery consumption? I have some weird issue with battery, while changing to Sunrise/Sunset mode - the battery goes to 3/4 after like 12 - 14 hrs, then I change back to normal, and battery goes to 4/4 after 2 hrs.... What could it be?
    Yes it is likely due to the fact that more information is being rendered.. in other words in the 12-14 hrs you have the watch in this mode it is tracking additional information, also unbeknownst to you the circuitry that's keeping track of time and relaying the information to the screen is working just as hard even when the screen goes into a sleep mode, thus, more power is being consumed. This is unlikely the case when the screen mode is on the default setting not a lot of variables to consider here, thus, very likely a minimal power state mode also.

Also the reason it went back to full is because again you set it back to normal and the battery charged via solar. Also, keep in mind that even if you had it on the most power consuming state the solar charge part of the watch may not be able to keep up with all that information that the circuitry could be processing...so the watch could be in a state where it uses more energy than the charging could keep up with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    TAG Heuer Collector.