GSHOCK-RANGEMAN-GPR-B1000: SOLAR CHARGING - Question
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Maddog1970
  • 1 Post By Maddog1970

Thread: GSHOCK-RANGEMAN-GPR-B1000: SOLAR CHARGING - Question

GSHOCK-RANGEMAN-GPR-B1000: SOLAR CHARGING - Question

Hi - I bought cool fire (40 000 LUX led charging station) and I put my Rangeman on it for like 3.5hrs. It had 3/4 and it did not get to 4/4 in this 3.5hrs..... 40K Luxes... While after putting it in charger it got to 4/4 after like around 1hr? Anyone can tell me whats their charging time? Cloudy day I assume aint possible to charge it - is it?

Re: GSHOCK-RANGEMAN-GPR-B1000: SOLAR CHARGING - Question

Well......

I have had mine 2 weeks now, with daily use - running Baro in the main time screen and using the gps twice a day for a combined 90+ mins - and I am still at 4 bars!

Now it has been really warm and sunny here on the west coast of Canada, so perhaps it’s getting enough “outside time” to keep it charged?
    memento_mori likes this.
    I have been trying reaallllly hard to keep it below 20, but have just given up now.
    Watches - to many
    Brand - lots

Maybe you are right. I was using Display + SunRise/SunSet and it went to 3/4 because of that (maybe this display is taking power or something no idea).... But nevertheless Led Charge 40k LUX seems to be too weak....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by shabakx View Post
    Maybe you are right. I was using Display + SunRise/SunSet and it went to 3/4 because of that (maybe this display is taking power or something no idea).... But nevertheless Led Charge 40k LUX seems to be too weak....
    The Baro display, while less pixels (if that’s what they are?), does up date as the pressure changes.....whereas the sunrise/sunset is a static display right?

So I would have thought less power used than the time/Baro?
    bigswifty1 likes this.
    I have been trying reaallllly hard to keep it below 20, but have just given up now.
    Watches - to many
    Brand - lots

My unscientific testing has me firmly convinced that Time/Baro is the highest battery load of all the standard face displays. Having said that, my experience is that it doesn't much matter unless you're leaving your Rangebeast on a shelf or somewhere without wearing it for a few weeks or more. If I'm out and about wearing my Rangebeast I wouldn't think twice about using the Time/Baro display, no problems at all. If I'm parking it for a while, as I am now, I make sure that it is NOT in Time/Baro mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog1970 View Post
    The Baro display, while less pixels (if that’s what they are?), does up date as the pressure changes.....whereas the sunrise/sunset is a static display right?

So I would have thought less power used than the time/Baro?

I’ve noticed that the beast is not only the most power hungry but the slowest to charge of all my G’s and I assumed it was because of the little car battery that is fitted in the watch.

Thread Information