GST-B200D-1A GSTB200-1a or the GSG-100-1A8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GaryK30
  • 1 Post By GaryK30

Thread: GST-B200D-1A GSTB200-1a or the GSG-100-1A8

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member peterlegrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6

    GST-B200D-1A GSTB200-1a or the GSG-100-1A8

    I am looking for the most durable watch that is easy to read both in day time and night. Further, the only requirement I have is that it is solar. I was looking at GST-B200D-1A, GSTB200-1a or the GSG-100-1A8. Any suggestions on which one would be best based on my requirements. Or any other suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Peter

  2. #2
    Member GaryK30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA, USA
    Posts
    6,149

    Re: GST-B200D-1A GSTB200-1a or the GSG-100-1A8

    I don't own any of these models, but here are a couple things to consider.

    First, positive LCDs (dark digits on a light background) are generally easier to read than negative LCDs (light digits on a dark background) in less-than-optimal lighting. I believe all of these models have a double LED light (one for the analog dial and another for the LCDs), so they should all be quite readable at night. The difference between positive and negative LCDs is most pronounced with less-than-optimal daytime lighting, for example, bright conditions with the sun behind the watch. In this case, the LCD backlighting is not likely to be useful.

    Second, the GSG has a resin outer bezel, which can probably take more abuse without showing damage than the metal bezels on the GST models. Also, the GSG resin bezel is inexpensive to replace if necessary.
    peterlegrand likes this.

  3. #3
    Member peterlegrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6

    Re: GST-B200D-1A GSTB200-1a or the GSG-100-1A8

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    I don't own any of these models, but here are a couple things to consider.

    First, positive LCDs (dark digits on a light background) are generally easier to read than negative LCDs (light digits on a dark background) in less-than-optimal lighting. I believe all of these models have a double LED light (one for the analog dial and another for the LCDs), so they should all be quite readable at night. The difference between positive and negative LCDs is most pronounced with less-than-optimal daytime lighting, for example, bright conditions with the sun behind the watch. In this case, the LCD backlighting is not likely to be useful.

    Second, the GSG has a resin outer bezel, which can probably take more abuse without showing damage than the metal bezels on the GST models. Also, the GSG resin bezel is inexpensive to replace if necessary.
    Thanks for the ideas. Indeed, I believe that the negative is more difficult to read. The hands look about equal to read and as you mentioned, the lights should be equal as well.

    How durable is this carbon case compared with the regular one?

    Peter

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member GaryK30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA, USA
    Posts
    6,149

    Re: GST-B200D-1A GSTB200-1a or the GSG-100-1A8

    Quote Originally Posted by peterlegrand View Post
    Thanks for the ideas. Indeed, I believe that the negative is more difficult to read. The hands look about equal to read and as you mentioned, the lights should be equal as well.

    How durable is this carbon case compared with the regular one?

    Peter
    In theory the Carbon Core design should be more durable than a standard resin case, but that remains to be seen.
    peterlegrand likes this.

  6. #5
    Member peterlegrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6

    Re: GST-B200D-1A GSTB200-1a or the GSG-100-1A8

    Thanks again
    The GST-B200-1A has a rasin band. You have any idea of it is similar in durability to the resin band of the GSG-100?

  7. #6
    Member GaryK30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA, USA
    Posts
    6,149

    Re: GST-B200D-1A GSTB200-1a or the GSG-100-1A8

    Quote Originally Posted by peterlegrand View Post
    Thanks again
    The GST-B200-1A has a rasin band. You have any idea of it is similar in durability to the resin band of the GSG-100?
    That I don't know. Maybe someone on here has both models and can comment.

  8. #7
    Member Everdying's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Anfield
    Posts
    2,205

    Re: GST-B200D-1A GSTB200-1a or the GSG-100-1A8

    the digits on the GSG-100 are a PITA to read...even on positive...cos they're so small.
    go with the GST-200 on resin strap, as thats the most comfortable to wear.
    heck with it being negative, thats what the backlight is for during low light.

  9. #8
    Member peterlegrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6

    Re: GST-B200D-1A GSTB200-1a or the GSG-100-1A8

    Thanks, will check it out. Wouldn't the metal strap last longer. I am very good in breaking everything.

  10. #9
    Member Everdying's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Anfield
    Posts
    2,205
    the metal strap would of cos last longer... but also obviously adds alot of weight..177gms total...
    and the G-steel resin strap is pretty thick...so should also last awhile.

  11. #10
    Member fcasoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Modena, ITALY
    Posts
    4,284

    Re: GST-B200D-1A GSTB200-1a or the GSG-100-1A8

    .
    The best Casio G-Shock is the next one...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •