GST-W110-1AER minutes hand moves on bump

Thread: GST-W110-1AER minutes hand moves on bump

GST-W110-1AER minutes hand moves on bump

Hello everyone!

Two days ago I bought the watch and it is beautiful. But today I have noticed that if I bump the watch even not hard the minutes hand will move a bit (0.5-1 mm), almost unnoticeable. I've read that the reason maybe is the so called "gear lash".

I've read also about the problem with tough movement "issue" with moving hours hand, but this is something different.

So the question is - is this a normal behavior? Are there other guys with this model to check theirs? (5444 movement)

Thanks!

lvt

Re: GST-W110-1AER minutes hand moves on bump

Not normal, especially on a tough movement.

I'm a professional [desk] diver.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Welcome aboard, style34! You need not have to deal with something like that on a new watch. Return it as a defective for a full refund. I'd have steered clear of that lineup altogether had this happened to me. Not worth the risk, there are always thousands of other options, it's just a watch.

Edit - I had misread your post the first time around. On rereading, that small a movement in the hand could well be normal in that model as it is in a few other ana-digi and even some analog Casios. Still, you'd do well to return it if it bothers you.
    Last edited by AirWatch; January 29th, 2016 at 18:49.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have two Casio and two G-Shock ana-digi watches. All of mine move the minute hand once every 20 seconds (3 times per minute). On all of these I can tilt and shake the watch and see a slight (1 step or 1/3 minute) slop in the minute hand. If yours moves 1/3 minute or less, it's probably normal. If it moves more than this, maybe not.

Edit: BTW, I don't think the watch in question has a Tough Movement. It appears to be very similar to my AWG-M100A, which is one of the four that I own that have this 1-step slop in the minute hand.
    Last edited by GaryK30; January 29th, 2016 at 19:48.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    I have two Casio and two G-Shock ana-digi watches. All of mine move the minute hand once every 20 seconds (3 times per minute). On all of these I can tilt and shake the watch and see a slight (1 step or 1/3 minute) slop in the minute hand. If yours moves 1/3 minute or less, it's probably normal. If it moves more than this, maybe not.

Edit: BTW, I don't think the watch in question has a Tough Movement. It appears to be very similar to my AWG-M100A, which is one of the four that I own that have this 1-step slop in the minute hand.
    Yes, exactly the same. It moves less than 1/3 of a minute. Maybe half of that.
    Thank you for sharing your experience.

I just tried another one from the same model and it was the same. So maybe it is by design.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post

Like you, I have an AWG-M100A, and it has the same slop when tapped as you mention. It can be annoying when you notice that the minute hand occasionally isn't flush within the 12 o'clock markers, but then I think that that's me looking out for it.

In general use, I don't notice it, mainly because an analogue tends to be glanced at rather than read like a digital. I've also read other people's experiences on the Net, and there are quite a few whose experience concurs that there is some slop, which tends to make me think that this issue is within the bounds of normality.

PS - I also have a Citizen analogue-digital with the same issue.
    Last edited by Gorty; February 2nd, 2016 at 04:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorty View Post
    Like you, I have an AWG-M100A, and it has the same slop when tapped as you mention. It can be annoying when you notice that the minute hand occasionally isn't flush within the 12 o'clock markers, but then I think that that's me looking out for it.

In general use, I don't notice it, mainly because an analogue tends to be glanced at rather than read like a digital. I've also read other people's experiences on the Net, and there are quite a few whose experience concurs that there is some slop, which tends to make me think that this issue is within the bounds of normality.

PS - I also have a Citizen analogue-digital with the same issue.
    I even have this issue with an analog Citizen, a BN0100-00E, which moves the minute hand continuously.

Thank you guys, it seems it is normal. This is my first Casio/G-Shock and my concern was if it is defective. Anyway it seems it is a normal behavior even for other brands.

Thread Information