On the GSTS310-1A
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: On the GSTS310-1A

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

On the GSTS310-1A

Now why exactly must you guys at G-Shock design make the men's watches so large in size- precisely why? If it's fashion, it's not; it's silliness- not trendiness. You've proven that, say, with an AWGM100-1ACR normal-sized designs are capable of being implemented and executed (despite some drawbacks with that unit), and now with the women's line G-MS--say with the MSG-S200-7A--

you've taken an exceptional G-Steel design and applied it only to one segment, whereas the men's GSTS310-1A

looks clownish in size (and that is the slightly smaller version) yet, to me, it is the best G-Shock made thus far. Why not try to tone down the sizing of the GSTS-310, bring it down a notch... or five? It's your best design- at least to me; it's a tough solar watch with good looks but it shouldn't look like this...

It should be thinner, smaller in diameter, yet holding this design. Take the design of the GSTS310-1A and tone down its sizing between the MSG-S200-7A and AWGM100-1ACR (a bit thinner, though). Super-illuminate it light blue/red/or amber, if you can add atomic sync in a slimmer case- do it, add a sapphire crystal if you're in the mood, tag it at $400, and you finally have it.

Cheers
    Slm643, Rocket1991 and mleok like this.

Re: On the GSTS310-1A

It should be and it was. There is no technical need to produce 60mm sized case to house all this tech (solar, MB6).
    I have GW1700 which is titanium full metal and very unobtrusive.
    It seem to be trend in Casio minds to produce over sized watches from simple quartz (tiny Miyota based) to digitals and Gs.
    As far as it sells there will be no change.
    GW1700 is still on sale in Japan so some models will be around.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It should be special!

310 was still wearable but in summer time. Won't go well with winter clothing .
    It should be special!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by horophilos View Post

It should be thinner, smaller in diameter, yet holding this design. Take the design of the GSTS310-1A and tone down its sizing between the MSG-S200-7A and AWGM100-1ACR (a bit thinner, though). Super-illuminate it light blue/red/or amber, if you can add atomic sync in a slimmer case- do it, add a sapphire crystal if you're in the mood, tag it at $400, and you finally have it.

Cheers
    looks fine to me. dont like big watches, buy the gms, hunt for smaller older models or stick with dainty dress watches. casio makes plenty of smaller watches but gshocks are mostly bold and unapologetic, dont go to a burger and rib joint complaining about no vegan options ;)
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

For what it's worth, the GST-W310-1AER (European version) does include Multiband 6 automic timekeeping.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

I guess Casio did its homework, big watches are "in" for a certain crowd. Invicta seem to be doing good with their hockey pucks as well. Lets vote with our wallet and buy what we like. Casio may get the message or don't, there's not mch we can do anyhow :)
    Rocket1991 likes this.
    - Casio G-Shock MR-G G1000B-1A
    - Casio G-Shock GW5000-1JF
    - Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW9400-1
    - Casio Pro Trek PRW-6600YBE-5
    -
    Garmin Fenix 5 Plus
    - Seiko Samurai Great White Shark edition SRPD23K1

G-shock consists of various big / oversize design watches, and it still looks good on your wrist.

I also wear GST 310, and my wrist is 16cm.

Any g-shock with lug-to-lug length of 48mm is good for me.

Just wear it if you like it. IMO
    HaymondWong likes this.

Collections : Citizen Tokyo Flagship CC9014-06E | Citizen 100th Anniversary CC3054-04E
    | Citizen Fine Tune Service Attesa AT8040

Hey, if certain people like large (to massive) watches, more power to them; I was simply letting Casio know that they could easily include a model for those that prefer a "normal" sized G-Shock. And since they have those models in their line-up, they could accommodate a watch less than 45mm. Don't have to make a 35mm watch- that may look a bit dainty but whatever: to each their own and I get that. In point, if they had the GSTS310-1A in 40- 43mm that didn't look like a hockey puck, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Thanks to everyone above that replied. Cheers.
    Rocket1991 likes this.

Here in Japan, I found a used GST W310d bracelet and bought it. The round design, ana-digital with bright backlite is perfect! My 6.5 inch wrist can wear up to 46mm with no problem to my aesthetic....
    I did buy a used ABC watch Casio PRW5100 (solar and atomic) ana-digital too and it is thinner.
    by music stand by toypoodleKimi, on Flickr
    morning sunrise by toypoodleKimi, on Flickr

I tried GST310 (North American sans MB6) and without bracelet it is wearable. With t-shirt.
    Nothing with cuffs will get over it within my wardrobe. It obviously personal choice to wear something you like and many people do find these big watches attractive.
    As been told many times G-Shocks are unique in terms of how huge watch can be totally ok on your wrist.
    Big brother of 310 was hanging over my wrist and with amount of stainless steel it become way too much.GST 310 i tried 3 times and passed on it.
    I can't pay full price for a watch which is ok in terms of comfort or in some cases below ok. It like buying uncomfortable shoes. What the point?
    One of the problem i don't have with resin/polymer/plastic Gs is weight is small and thus watch don't come banging on my palm while i do something.
    With G-Steel it not the case.
    Here AQ-S800 vs AQ-S810
    Name:  aq-s810.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  72.6 KB
    Name:  DSC03277.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  81.7 KB
    Same watch 2 sizes. It's not about internals it about looks and making more "substantial" watch. Both 100m WR so bulk does not have engineering reasons.
    Both are comfortable by the way. Also it very good to have options.
    Even Casio veteran AMW320 was tiny module inside huge case. So nothing is particularly new.
    There are Casio Lineage models with thin case and module very similar to certain G-Shocks.
    Modules themselves usually are much smaller than you can think it really would be great if Casio pull watches without Baby G for these who want smaller watch.
    Last edited by Rocket1991; November 7th, 2018 at 04:00.
    arcata likes this.
    It should be special!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information