Guess this might work on a Casio

Thread: Guess this might work on a Casio

Guess this might work on a Casio

OK, so I wanted a Timex iControl Ironman. If you're not familiar with it it has a module that you plug into your ipod and you can control the basic functions, volume, play, pause ffwd, rwd etc...great for cycling
    They're a bit more than I wanted to pay and the only low cost ones were not black or gray, only orange, pink and baby blue.
    I picked up a light blue model knowing I wouldn't like the color and sure enough I didn't, but it works like a charm. Lotsa geek/techy appeal!!
    Just like anyone that's modded a G, I thought I'll dye it. Problem is you can't remove the band/bezel....
    So I took powdered black RIT put it in simmering water to dissolve it, cooled it to warm, taped the acrylic crystal in case it would take on color and gave the entire watch a 30 minute bath.
    Now I have a black Timex with a baby blue price. No discoloration of the crystal or the plastic pushers.
    And to think I've been boiling Casio bands/bezels to dye them.....
    Sitting here wondering if this will work with G bands/bezels, it was much easier
    Please forgive the quick iphone pic.

Cheers,
    C
    A Møøse once bit my sister...
    Aragon - 2 bigass divers
    Artego - Caribbean + 300M
    Casio - (too many G's)
    CREPAS - Loggerhead
    Dagaz - Zero I
    Omega - 2254.50 SMP, PW conversion
    Seiko - 1G mod Monster, mod 6309
    Vanguard - Special (classic)
    Follow my G-Shock on its' world tour​.... https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-...-a-705360.html
    Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

Re: Guess this might work on a Casio

Glad it worked out I have been temped to get a Timex but so far have not got one. I do like the extra large digits on the ones I was looking at.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

I wish that Timex would make their watches look like some of the G-Shock models. Even though I like the large digits on a Timex, I' not a big fan of their styling.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A watch that you can...

Quote Originally Posted by onrypt View Post
    ...plug into your ipod and you can control the basic functions, volume, play, pause ffwd, rwd etc...
    'I never done it'

Quote Originally Posted by dimitribouras View Post
    I wish that Timex would make their watches look like some of the G-Shock models. Even though I like the large digits on a Timex, I' not a big fan of their styling.

I completely agree. I have 20 G's and 1 Timex. I love my G's, but I'll say this...after 24 miles on my bike this morning I was really happy with the ability to control the tunes without having to look down for a length of time and the Timex weighs nothing. The closest G would be my 5600J, but it weighs almost twice as much as the Timex.
    A nice added feature is the nightmode. You hold down the light button for 4 seconds. You get a crescent moon icon and for the next 8 hours the backlight turns on with any button being pressed. It shuts off after 8 hours.
    Cheers,
    C.
    A Møøse once bit my sister...
    Aragon - 2 bigass divers
    Artego - Caribbean + 300M
    Casio - (too many G's)
    CREPAS - Loggerhead
    Dagaz - Zero I
    Omega - 2254.50 SMP, PW conversion
    Seiko - 1G mod Monster, mod 6309
    Vanguard - Special (classic)
    Follow my G-Shock on its' world tour​.... https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-...-a-705360.html
    Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

Thread Information