Guess what I got in the mail today

Thread: Guess what I got in the mail today

Guess what I got in the mail today

To All,

Like clockwork, when fall comes around, I start to look at digital watches again.

I was really looking at picking up a G-9300 Mudman, but then this watch caught my eye PRT-2500t. I though a little too pricey a this time so, I put it on the back burner for a while, waiting for the price of the Mudman to drop a little more. I actually missed out on 2 on the forums in the past week.

Then I saw a posting by: bajachild selling a PRG-250T. Great Seller by the way.

Could not resist and jumped at the chance to buy it.

Here is a picture of the watch.

Impression of the watch:

I can't believe how much information they crammed into this Pro Trek. Tide Graph or, day date and year
    moon data, barametric graph and date, day and year. If you choose to display the tide graph, it will only display day, month and date no year.

Very solid build quality and now 200m water resistance vs 100m for the PAW-1300 that own.

Am I happy that I went with the Pro-Trek instead of the Mudman, the answer is yes.

It also seems that this Pro trek will take after market straps fairly well.

The biggest flaw only a 60 minute CDT. However, I never really use that feature.

Re: Guess what I got in the mail today

Probably the most feature-rich Casio at the moment - congrats! And once again it looks better on real pics than on the Casio stock pics. Despite that much info on the display it still looks nice and clean - they obviously have put some thought into the design - now Casio please update your alti-baro features to current standard and I'd be all over it .
    Have fun with it and always wear it in good health!

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

From what I measure, it appears that it would take a 22mm replacement band.

Only a matter of time, before it gets thrown on a Zulu.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cool watch... I've been thinking about getting a ProTrek for a while, but considering the dimensions of them, it's something I would need to try on first. Some of them seem too small, some too big. I guess the same could be said of G-shocks, but I'm already very familiar with them. Do you know if any G-shock resin bands will fit this watch?

From my understanding most G bands are 16mm at the attachment point and expand outwards for the band. I think Casio does this to keep us buying there bands.

The PGR-250t has what appears to be a 22mm attachment point.

Don't need to get an G band as this is a more common size. Like getting a new band for a Seiko Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Probably the most feature-rich Casio at the moment - congrats! And once again it looks better on real pics than on the Casio stock pics. Despite that much info on the display it still looks nice and clean - they obviously have put some thought into the design - now Casio please update your alti-baro features to current standard and I'd be all over it .
    Have fun with it and always wear it in good health!

cheers, Sedi
    I believe from what I read Casio decided to put a more accurate sensor on the watch.

Funny thing is in my limited experience, when I owned a Suunto Mil Lander and my PAW 1300, the Altimeter was more accurate in the PAW.

I live very close to sea level and always had reference point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda2005 View Post
    I believe from what I read Casio decided to put a more accurate sensor on the watch.

Funny thing is in my limited experience, when I owned a Suunto Mil Lander and my PAW 1300, the Altimeter was more accurate in the PAW.

I live very close to sea level and always had reference point.

Can the altimeter be calibrated by standing on the beach and setting the altitude as sea level "0". Is that what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    Can the altimeter be calibrated by standing on the beach and setting the altitude as sea level "0". Is that what you mean?
    Yep. I would do that with my 80yt and prg40t all the time at Huntington. Wore them there for just that purpose. The cool thing was that they were usually at 0 or +20 all the time. Even after trips to 8000+ feet.

Enjoy the 250t.

Mike

Sharp!!!

Very nice watch, congrats! But your headline 'Guess what I got in the mail today' -- I was going to guess a mail-order bride! LOL

Thread Information