Gulfman dilemma

Thread: Gulfman dilemma

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Gulfman dilemma

I've been dreaming of the tough solar Gulfman for a long time...
    But I know that it is a slightly big model for my wrist.
    And it is an expensive one.
    Should I give in ?....
    And if so, I even cannot choose between the GW9100 and the MIMB model, and the ICERC models (transparent or yellow/black).
    In the meanwhile I very much like my G7710, and I'm waiting to receive the GLX5600 which has some serious delay I hope it didn't get lost in the mail or stolen.
    But I always end up thinking of the solar Gulfman... (and I'm supposed to be on a Gshock diet lol....)
    Any advices about all these questions ?

Re: Gulfman dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by freeman View Post
    I've been dreaming of the tough solar Gulfman for a long time...
    But I know that it is a slightly big model for my wrist.
    And it is an expensive one.
    Should I give in ?....
    And if so, I even cannot choose between the GW9100 and the MIMB model, and the ICERC models (transparent or yellow/black).
    In the meanwhile I very much like my G7710, and I'm waiting to receive the GLX5600 which has some serious delay I hope it didn't get lost in the mail or stolen.
    But I always end up thinking of the solar Gulfman... (and I'm supposed to be on a Gshock diet lol....)
    Any advices about all these questions ?
    I know exactly what you mean, as I've been fantasizing about the S/A Gulfman myself even if I already have the G-9100.

Technically they're all identical, as the only difference is the color scheme. Where cost is concerned though, I'd imagine the regular GW-9100 to be the lowest-priced among the three. Go for it, I say.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; November 10th, 2009 at 11:33.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

from a point of look alone, the atomic/solar gulfman is one hell of a watch. personally i like the standard model best because i already have enough black/stealthy watches and the titanium grey inner bezel is a nice diversification.

when it comes down to functions i just can't bring myself to feel enough love for this watch to make a purchase decision. too short el-backlight, only 60min. cdt, lack of a fifth light button, no day and date simultaniously are the deal breakers for me. don't get me wrong, my GW-810BXD has EXACTLY the same shortcomings (execpt for the 5. light button) and it is not that i dislike this watch or couldn't live without those functions. it is just that i feel one watch with those shortcomings is enough and there are plenty of other models (and modules) out there, which represent nice - and better - alternatives. enjoy your G-7710, in my opinion a better g-shock is at the moment not out there (though the G-7710 got a too short el-backlight as well )

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    from a point of look alone, the atomic/solar gulfman is one hell of a watch. personally i like the standard model best because i already have enough black/stealthy watches and the titanium grey inner bezel is a nice diversification.

when it comes down to functions i just can't bring myself to feel enough love for this watch to make a purchase decision. too short el-backlight, only 60min. cdt, lack of a fifth light button, no day and date simultaniously are the deal breakers for me. don't get me wrong, my GW-810BXD has EXACTLY the same shortcomings (execpt for the 5. light button) and it is not that i dislike this watch or couldn't live without those functions. it is just that i feel one watch with those shortcomings is enough and there are plenty of other models (and modules) out there, which represent nice - and better - alternatives. enjoy your G-7710, in my opinion a better g-shock is at the moment not out there (though the G-7710 got a too short el-backlight as well )

regards, holger
    Thanx for your comments...
    Indeed something is preventing me from pulling the trigger, albeit these 2 causes for the temptation : the beauty of the solar Gulfman, and the titanium case. It's just hard for me to buy a Gshock which doesn't have time and full date in the main display, as you remarked.
    I thought of buying the battery powered Gulfman which has time and date together, but then it doesn't have that awesome look, and also the digits are smaller than in the solar, and combined with the shadow of the tide graph that can bother you when reading the small time digits... well not good enough either.
    I guess I'll wait for my GLX5600 to arrive, which has a great module comparable to my G7710. I'll just have to renounce to the beauty of the solar Gulfman and to the titanium... I hope they'll make a future Gulfman model not necessarily atomic and solar powered, but with the looks of the solar one, and with full display.

I've been seriously considering the MIMB Gulfman-despite its considerable price tag. I'd say go for it. I'm a fan of squares, but I think the Gulfman is one cool looking watch

Alex

Totally best looking modern G-Shock I think, module isn't the best thought.

I have a theory they Casio never make the perfect watch as none of the other models would sell! Mudman module in the Gulfman case would be absolute perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by alexandr0s View Post
    I've been seriously considering the MIMB Gulfman-despite its considerable price tag. I'd say go for it. I'm a fan of squares, but I think the Gulfman is one cool looking watch

Alex

Suspended

I have the MIMB Gulfman and absolutely love it. I am desperately saving for the "regular" S/A Gulfman because like the earlier poster said, the titanium will give it a little flash or diversity. everyday I go thru the B/S/T fora looking for one, but might have to breakdown and re-visit our friends at amazon.

as we all know, there is no such thing as the perfect G-Shock, but this is, IMHO, the best looking of the enitre non perfect G-Shock universe
    Last edited by rockmastermike; November 10th, 2009 at 16:25.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by Claud View Post
    I have a theory they Casio never make the perfect watch as none of the other models would sell!
    there was a time i thought the same way. but i don't think so anymore, because who else - besides the few watch nuts in this forum - would ever know about it? i mean, ask an average g-shock wearer if he/she knows the module number of his/her watch and you will get most probably an asking view and the question what a module is, not to mention the functions of the watch...

Mudman module in the Gulfman case would be absolute perfection!
    well, no titanium look but otherwise the G-7900 is a very nice looking G (much better in the flesh than any pictures i saw) with tons of functions (non s/a mudman + gulfman) and for a very attractive price.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    there was a time i thought the same way. but i don't think so anymore, because who else - besides the few watch nuts in this forum - would ever know about it? i mean, ask an average g-shock wearer if he/she knows the module number of his/her watch and you will get most probably an asking view and the question what a module is, not to mention the functions of the watch...

well, no titanium look but otherwise the G-7900 is a very nice looking G (much better in the flesh than any pictures i saw) with tons of functions (non s/a mudman + gulfman) and for a very attractive price.

regards, holger
    I saw that the GLX5600 (still waiting to receive it) gives you the option to choose the EL-backlight duration between 1.5 s and 3s .

Realize of course that you are caught in the grips of watch-lust and if you would just hold out a bit longer you would get over it. You will still like the Gulfman, but you won't have to have it. Since you already declared your intention to abstain from watch buying for a while, you ought to stick with it. BUT, if you're like me, you should consider setting a more realistic goal, like maybe 6 months no new watches, rather than a year! You can also compensate in the meantime by changing the time on one of your existing watches, boxing it back up and then leaving it for yourself by the front door. Then you can have the fun of unboxing and time-setting without spending the money.
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information