Gulfman G-9100-2 Backlight question
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gulfman G-9100-2 Backlight question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picture Gulfman G-9100-2 Backlight question

Hi everyone,
    so I've been collecting a lot of G-Shocks in the past year, I just bought my first Gulfman the other day. It was preowned, but in great condition. The backlight works fine, it just seems kind of "dim" compared to most of my other g-shocks. I know all models can differ in brightness, and even the same models can differ in brightness, depending on battery and just luck of the draw basically. So my question is....does this backlight seem pretty dim to you guys that know gulfmen? If it does, do you think that means the battery is gonna need to be changed soon? I own a lot of solar g-shocks, and non-solar, but amazingly to this point, I haven't needed to change a battery in any of my g-shocks. So I have any experience of whether or not the backlights starts to loose its brightness soon before the battery needs to be changed.

here's a picture I just took. It's outside in the dark, but there is some light in the picture from an overhead lamp.

Name:  ggggulf.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  161.7 KB

LUW

Re: Gulfman G-9100-2 Backlight question

Looks like mine. Maybe it looks dimmer because you're not used to that pink color?
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Perhaps....lol. by the way, I've wanted a gulfman for a while, but your thread from a couple weeks ago, made me pull the trigger!
    Chrisek likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

Finally a little payback!
    Good to see someone spending money because of me and not the (usual) other way around.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Willy- that backlight is God Awful, terrible, despicable, nauseating,and makes me want to pluck my eyes out! Now that said, I really want a G-9100-2so if you decide you can't bare that atrocity, send it my way!

@LUW, stop making such nice posts in the future, so I don't have to go out and buy watches because of it.....Also, I'm not really "thrilled" with the strap either. It doesn't form to the wrist enough in my opinion. Do you have any suggestions, do you still have the stock strap on it?...or did you find a 'modded' strap for it?

@moosehead, If I ever decide to part ways with this sucker, I will certainly let you know.

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by WillyLix View Post
    @LUW, stop making such nice posts in the future, so I don't have to go out and buy watches because of it...
    What goes around comes around - I'm just trying to pay back some of the money I spent because of this devil of a place .

...Also, I'm not really "thrilled" with the strap either. It doesn't form to the wrist enough in my opinion. Do you have any suggestions, do you still have the stock strap on it?...or did you find a 'modded' strap for it?
    Some people (Sedi? ) changed the stock strap for the Riseman double prong buckle strap. Since your model is black, it would be an easy swap. And if the Riseman strap fits, so does the King's strap, so you would have two possibilities there. I for one find the stock strap pretty comfortable, so I wouldn't change mine (and being blue it would be impossible to find something in the same color).
    Cheers!
    Luciano

The lighting in the photo must be deceiving. Mine is blue, just like yours...lol. The strap's not horrible. I guess I can stick with it for a bit and see if it grows on me.

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    What goes around comes around - I'm just trying to pay back some of the money I spent because of this devil of a place .

Some people (Sedi? ) changed the stock strap for the Riseman double prong buckle strap. Since your model is black, it would be an easy swap. And if the Riseman strap fits, so does the King's strap, so you would have two possibilities there. I for one find the stock strap pretty comfortable, so I wouldn't change mine (and being blue it would be impossible to find something in the same color).

LUW

The lighting in the photo must be deceiving. Mine is blue, just like yours...lol. The strap's not horrible. I guess I can stick with it for a bit and see if it grows on me.
    Oh, I was certain that it was black. Well, unless you don't mind the dual color look (I particularly hate that), you're stuck with the stock strap. But in all honesty the watch is so light that if you don't tighten the strap down you barely feel you're wearing a watch.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    Some people (Sedi? ) changed the stock strap for the Riseman double prong buckle strap.
    It wasn't me but I think I mentioned it can be done. The new GW-9110 has the Riseman-strap btw. I mostly keep my Gs stock.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information