Gulfman models

Thread: Gulfman models

Gulfman models

I have a basic 9100 Gulfman and its a great watch but I do wish the display was larger for my aging eyes. I hate to keep asking questions about display size but can't see these in person right now so have to depend on help here. Are the numeric displays on the GW 9100 Atomic/solar version of the Gulfman larger than that of the battery model? I'm also considering the GLX 6900. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Re: Gulfman models

Yes, the digits on the GW-9100 are slightly larger than on the G-9100, but not by much.

I have found that with digital displays, size isn't the only guarantee of legibility. Contrast of numerals vs. background, and also the ability to maintain that at less than optimum angles, is also very important.

For me, my two most legible watches are:

GLX-5600:

It has a hugely legible display, whether off-angle, or in low light/dusk/dim indoors lighting. I almost never need to use the backlight, unless it's so dark that I'm actually asleep

Then, my PRG-40. This is well-known for being incredibly legible with even more contrast between lit LCD segments and the background, and it has huge digits as well. Much more than on any G. It too can maintain its display in stupidly low ambient lighting.

PRG-40

I also have a regular Gulfman, but it stays off my wrist as other models like these two are just so much more useful in day-to-day life than it is.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You see, I wouldn't find those two watches legible. Crisp, yes, but legible, no. Both have distractions. The GLX has the tide-graph, and then the date in close proximity to the time. The Protrek has same-size seconds.

In both cases, I wouldn't be able to see the time at a glance as well as I could with most other digital watches. It may depend on how your neurones are wired...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Although a basic model i find the display on the G-2900 very clear for my bad eye sight, it really stands out

i wear this for mainly mountain biking,

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    You see, I wouldn't find those two watches legible.
    In this instance I'm only citing my own experience, not osmoticised forum wisdom. For me, these two win any real world "quick glance" challenge in any lighting scenario. I'll never part with these, even though my daily wear remains the PRG-200 for other reasons

Osmoticised, eh?
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Oh yes. Sounds cool, doesn't it?

RJM

I think the G-7900 is my most legible and a really nice module.

Thread Information