Gulfman negative display and stealthing

Thread: Gulfman negative display and stealthing

Gulfman negative display and stealthing

Well this is my first ever post and my first ever mod! Got my brand new Gulfman G9100 and took it to bits. I followed the wicked guide in the FAQs to convert it to a negative display and stealth it. The negative display mod isn't THAT tricky really, you just have to be patient! I warmed the film a little which helped soften the glue making removal easier. Hope you like!

Before:

Negative display mod complete:

Lettering and logo stealthed!
    Last edited by sibradbury; March 29th, 2010 at 23:07.

Re: Gulfman negative display and stealthing

Sweet watch !!!!....good job on the mods....im all about steath ... Only Gs i own ... If not, i stealth them out myself...

looks good, not sure if its the lighting or what but the digits seems to have a brownish hue to them

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very nice
    Watches
    Omega: SMP 300, SMP 2254, Seamaster GMT, and Speedmaster Moon Watch
    Rolex GMT
    Ocean LM-7 PloProf
    Helson Sharkmaster
    Suunto Advisor
    PAG 40, PAG 80, PRG-200-1DR, and PAW 1300
    G2300
    Riseman
    Frogman: First Frogman 6300, GWF-1000, Dawn Black, MIRB, MIY, 8200, Brazilian Frogman ,Snakekiller Frogman, GW-204K-9JR ICERC
    G-7900 mod
    Mudman G-9000 jamming color
    DW-6100 python camo mod
    DW-6100-CF python (2)

Did the negative display mod completely black out the tide chart and moon phase?
    Thinking of doing the same to my Gulfman.
    Armida A8 Brass / Benarus Vintage Moray 44 / Borealis Oceanaut / Bulova Lunar Pilot Chronograph / Citizen EcoZilla BJ8050-08E / Citizen Eco-Drive AT0524-54A / Deep Blue BlueTech Abyss 500 / Deep Blue Nato Diver 300 / Doxa SUB 1200t Professional / G-Shock GWN-1000-1B / G-Shock GW-7900B-1JF / Helberg CH6 Bronze / Helm Vanuatu / Helson Shark Diver 45 Brass / Hexa F74 / Karlskrona Baltic Shield / Lum-Tec M68 / Magrette Vantage Bronze / Makara Sea Turtle Hawksbill / Makara Octopus Bronze / Maranez Rawai Brass / Maratac SR1 / Pathfinder PAG40-5V / Redux Courg / River Tiber Sport / Seiko SUN023 / Seiko SRPA21 / Seiko SPR775 / Seiko SRP311 "Orange Monster" / Seiko SRP455K1 "100th Anniversary Blue Monster" / Seiko Yobokies "Snow Monster" / Seiko SKX779 "Black Monster" / Seiko SKX781 "Orange Monster" / Seiko SKX009 / Tmex Expedition T498759J / Undone Aqua / Undone Urban

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Have to say I have never been much a fan of the G-9100, but nonetheless I think it looked better with its original positive display.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by jricher82 View Post
    Did the negative display mod completely black out the tide chart and moon phase?
    Thinking of doing the same to my Gulfman.

It would black it out on this model. I attempted to convert a Fisherman to negative once, but then realized the tide line would be all black, and all you would see is the vertical indicator line. The tide line (wavy line) is painted on black, NOT part of the LCD, so it does not flip from positive to negative.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    It would black it out on this model. I attempted to convert a Fisherman to negative once, but then realized the tide line would be all black, and all you would see is the vertical indicator line. The tide line (wavy line) is painted on black, NOT part of the LCD, so it does not flip from positive to negative.
    Good to know about this, thanks. That would be a deal breaker for me on doing the negative display mod.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

I think it looked better with its original positive display.

That's the answer I've been looking for. Was debating the negative display MOD for my Gulfman but didn't want to black out the tide bar. Looks like it's the positive display for me. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    Armida A8 Brass / Benarus Vintage Moray 44 / Borealis Oceanaut / Bulova Lunar Pilot Chronograph / Citizen EcoZilla BJ8050-08E / Citizen Eco-Drive AT0524-54A / Deep Blue BlueTech Abyss 500 / Deep Blue Nato Diver 300 / Doxa SUB 1200t Professional / G-Shock GWN-1000-1B / G-Shock GW-7900B-1JF / Helberg CH6 Bronze / Helm Vanuatu / Helson Shark Diver 45 Brass / Hexa F74 / Karlskrona Baltic Shield / Lum-Tec M68 / Magrette Vantage Bronze / Makara Sea Turtle Hawksbill / Makara Octopus Bronze / Maranez Rawai Brass / Maratac SR1 / Pathfinder PAG40-5V / Redux Courg / River Tiber Sport / Seiko SUN023 / Seiko SRPA21 / Seiko SPR775 / Seiko SRP311 "Orange Monster" / Seiko SRP455K1 "100th Anniversary Blue Monster" / Seiko Yobokies "Snow Monster" / Seiko SKX779 "Black Monster" / Seiko SKX781 "Orange Monster" / Seiko SKX009 / Tmex Expedition T498759J / Undone Aqua / Undone Urban

Thread Information