ID:	1410058

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01-GWN1000.jpg 
Views:	13975 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	1410059

JAPAN PRESS RELEASE: http://www.casio.co.jp/release/2014/0307_GWN1000/

Translated Version:

Under the nickname "GULFMASTER (Gulf master)" and of the image of the mighty men resisting against the rough seas, Casio Computer Co., Ltd., will be released from June 27 Shock watch marine concept of "GWN-1000".

It will guide you through this time "GWN-1000", marine concept laden atmospheric pressure measurement function that can predict changes in the weather, bearing the test and measurement capabilities you can see the direction it should take, such as tide graph to understand tidal information, the ability to help at sea is the "G-SHOCK".
    And displays digitally the pressure difference between the pressure that was measured last pointer needle numbers that was engraved on the bezel portion. Sensuously in analog, I can now recognize as a number in the digital changes in the atmospheric pressure. In addition, when a sudden pressure change has occurred, it will inform the alarm icon and dial-in, it is possible to prepare for the change of weather. Also equipped with direction measurement function that, in addition to atmospheric pressure measurement function to guide the north in the second hand, you can check the direction itself to go. In addition, it allows you to understand tide graph tidal information of the area that has been set, to know in advance the state of the sea of ​​course destination.

Of course, ease of use is also pursuing. You can easily operate and world time function and various measurement operations equipped with a crown can be operated intuitively high-performance "(Smart Access) Smart Access", and turn-back-draw. Aggregates to only one button operation of the sensor measurement, you will have a good idea of ​​the measurement mode operation sound. In addition, the new band structure as integrated with the case, the use of soft urethane band a flexible enables, wearability has improved.

Model name Bezel Color × color band Manufacturer's suggested retail price Release Date
    GWN-1000B-1A Black × Black 57,000 yen + tax June 27
    GWN-1000B-1B Blue × Black

"The main specifications of the GWN-1000"
    Structure Shock structure
    Waterproof property 20 ATM water resistant
    Moon data Age display
    Tide graph Display ebb and flow of the tide
    Received radio wave JJY (Japan): 40 kHz (Fukushima station) / 60 kHz (Kyushu station),
    WWVB (USA): 60 kHz, MSF (UK): 60 kHz,
    DCF77 (Germany): 77.5kHz, BPC (China): 68.5kHz
    Radio reception method (Up to 6 times / day, 5 times / the 1st only a maximum of China), Manual receive automatic reception
    Direction measurement function Measuring the (359 ° 0 ° ~) angle of 16 orientation and direction, orientation continuous measurement (60 seconds), position the north guidance function, magnetic declination compensation, orientation correction function
    Pressure measurement function Measuring range: (view the 20 hours the past) 260hPa ~ 1,100 hPa, atmospheric pressure tendency graph display, and informed by the display and sound information in case the air pressure changes (characteristic occurs pressure difference indicator (± 10hPa), pressure tendency Information squares)
    Advanced measurement function (5 seconds / 2 minutes, 3 minutes of the first measurement every second: (-700m ~ 10,000 m measurement range), altitude tendency graph, altitude difference indicator (± 100m / ± 1,000 m), measurement interval setting function relative altimeter )
    Temperature measurement function Measuring range: -10 ℃ ~ 60 ℃, measurement unit: 0.1 ℃
    Stopwatch 1/100 second, a total of 24 hours, split
    World time Time display (29 time zones, daylight saving time setting function) + UTC (Universal Time Coordinated), UTC direct call function, function replacement time city home 29 world cities
    Timer Set: 1 minute, set up: 60 minutes, measured in seconds
    Alarm This five alarm, time signal
    Other features Battery indicator displays, full automatic calendar, 12/24 hour display switching function, Beep ON / OFF switching function, double LED light (dial-liquid crystal unit, full auto light, afterglow function, afterglow time 1.5 seconds switching function / 3 seconds altitude, air pressure, temperature measurement at the time): (manual, automatic needle retraction function,)
    Use power Tough Solar (solar charge system)
    Continuous driving time About 23 months in power saving state ※ I turn off the display after a certain time in the dark, you can save power and stop the hand movement.

Size 44.9 × 55.8 × 16.2 mm
    Mass About 101g
    Last edited by starscream; March 7th, 2014 at 12:36.

Re: GULFMASTER

Meh, it's not bad, may have to see real-life pictures, or better yet see it in person. It's basically a sibling to the PRW-6000 in a G-Shock form and for slightly less money (stil too expensive, though). I do like the fact that they are finally lighting up the LCD dislays.

Looks like a Protrek killer! WR20Bar version of the PRW-6000... I can't wait to see better pics of these but thanks for finding this! Not sure why it's called the Gulfmaster though .. I don't see a tide graph nor does it look like a Ti caseback. It does look really cool though -- love the blue and yellow...

EDIT - Ok I see it DOES have a tide graph. Crazy stuff on one busy dial. One think I love about G-shocks is that anything goes. And for this one, you've got a cleaner look in the Protrek if you want, but go crazy on a G. Love it.
    Last edited by JonL; March 5th, 2014 at 23:12.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What are the functions? I can see that the LED is like the GA-300 series, much better than the regular orange light of the GA-100,110,120 series. But Starscream, did you realise the strong signs of ROLEX influence in that dial, especially the markers? And also, I'm not too sure how I feel about the bezel insert. The numbers look way too cluttered.

Typical Rolex markers:

Last edited by Cognac0113; March 5th, 2014 at 23:06.
    Crater and ccm123 like this.
    My Current Beater:
    Casio G-Shock: GW-2310FB-1CR

-=[My Pelican 1495; Home for my Gs]=-

Quote Originally Posted by Cognac0113 View Post
    What are the functions?
    It has the same functions as the newly released Protrek PRW-6000. Typical ABC functions with v3 Triple Sensors. Additional Tide Graph too, and dual LEDs - both the watch face light up as well as the LCD. Finally.

If it is the same as the PRW-6000 it should have the ability to move the hands when they obscure the LCD.

But yeah I agree they ripped off the Rolex in the face a bit.... but so far I like it!

Gulfmaster has a sweep second so it is in a different league than GA-100,110,120 series

Considering it, but what are the (fake?) screws on the top & bottom?
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

The width of 55.8mm is too much for me. I already very bothered by the width of the Rangeman, which is less than that. And I totally agree about the cluttered numbers on the bezel, but I guess they may be "stealthed."

the yellow one isn't too bad
    smilton likes this.

That is the most confusing G-Shock I've ever seen. That bezel is awful.

Not a fan of the looks, too many details and too cluttered, it will take some getting used to with future owners. It's still a long wait to its arrival, July this year...

Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information