Gulfmaster Day to Day Questions
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Gulfmaster Day to Day Questions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gulfmaster Day to Day Questions

Hi all infrequent poster here, I had a couple questions as I just ordered my Gulfmaster and am totally stoked to get it! First up is that I work in a grocery store stocking shelves, and more often than not my current G rubs against metal shelves when I reach to the back of them, will the gulfs bezel scratch easily against light contact with a shelf? Second question is am I crazy to wear it to work?? Last one, I haven't found any topics on this, but I know some watches have an issue with the strap not sitting flat between the keeper and the pins. Is this an issue with this watch? Thanks in advance!
    JohnQFord likes this.

Re: Gulfmaster Day to Day Questions

Stocking shelves in a Grocery store I would not wear that big of a watch. I would wear something a lot smaller and a lot cheaper.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

It's a G-shock, I would guess it an handle you wearing it at work. I don't have that particular model, but I have worn Gs to work for years and banged them up- they hold up very well. Enjoy your new watch.
    nigelw likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

where do you work ? I would love to be able to afford a Gulfman and use it working in a grocery store

It would survive all the bumps and dings of course, but it won't look good after a while... Of course it's totally up to you, there are lots of people wearing g-shocks in the way they are ment to be worn, they just aren't here on the forum

I would say just wear it and not worry about dings.
    Last edited by rlx200; August 1st, 2015 at 19:19.
    JohnQFord likes this.

Buy a Gulfman (~$60) for work, then buy a Gulfmaster (~$300) for leisure. Problem solved.

Once you've received the watch & put it on your wrist ... the answer will become evident to you.

I'm certain you bought the Gulfmaster, in part, for it's looks/beauty. You'll know you don't want to destroy that look intentionally by sacrificing it to the rigors of work.

You'll get about 3 compliments ... you won't get a raise or promotion because of it ... & beautiful women aren't going to fall all over you because you're wearing it.

It's simply part of that job [20 years of experience here] that you will inadvertently bang the thing into a fixture, steel cart, door, counter top, etc. on a fairly regular basis.

Take a good look at the watch that you currently wear to work, in broad daylight [florescent lights hide many evils] ... is that what you want to do to the Gulfmaster ???

Go with the consensus ... wear a low-priced utility G to work ... enjoy the wrist presence of the Gulfmaster outside of work.

It'll give you a reason to smile at the end of each work day!
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

I agree with others. It is a tall watch and will not only be annoying to wear on the job but it will get wrecked. Would be cool for weekends though if you can justify the purchase just for a couple days a week.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

I hope you were able to try the watch on before you ordered it. It's important to know how comfortable a watch is for daily use. The bottomline is this, at the end of the day, it's a g shock. Not only that, it's a master of G collection so it was made to be a lot tougher than a normal g shock. I have not own a gulfmaster, but I have own plenty of Gs and I would say wear the watch and don't worry about it. You spent too much money on that watch not to wear it.
    Nemo likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information