Gulfmaster purchase advice - buy a cheaper twin or triple of wait until I get what I really want
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By perfectlykevin
  • 1 Post By Brucy

Thread: Gulfmaster purchase advice - buy a cheaper twin or triple of wait until I get what I really want

Gulfmaster purchase advice - buy a cheaper twin or triple of wait until I get what I really want

One of my grail watches is the GULFMASTER GWN-Q1000MB-1A

but since phreddo pulled his off the for sale forum here - :) still want it BTW so let me know when you get bored of it, I havenít seen any come up second hand. I have to buy second hand since I canít afford the $700 or so they go for. My budget is $400US.
    So while I wait Iíve been thinking: should I buy a cheaper, twin or triple sensor one to wear and get a feel for the size, weight, features etc? Iíve never owned any of the bigger G-shocks like the gulfmaster, rangeman or anything. I do wear large watches (Seiko Monsters and the like) )and have a big enough wrist.

I could always sell or gift it when I finally get my Marine Blue.
    What do you think?

Re: Gulfmaster purchase advice - buy a cheaper twin or triple of wait until I get what I really want

Regardless of the watch, whatever it is, if it is a grail, then go for that one. All others will just leave you comparing the runner-up to what you really want. Trust me, I'd have saved lots of money if I had done this at the start of this hobby than waiting until now to do so. :)
    Tetsu Tekubi likes this.

Re: Gulfmaster purchase advice - buy a cheaper twin or triple of wait until I get what I really want

Quote Originally Posted by perfectlykevin View Post
    Regardless of the watch, whatever it is, if it is a grail, then go for that one. All others will just leave you comparing the runner-up to what you really want. Trust me, I'd have saved lots of money if I had done this at the start of this hobby than waiting until now to do so. :)
    Totally agree with this.

I've learned to always go for the one I really want but only if I can afford it at the time (without taking resale value into consideration either).

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wait for the one you really want. If you buy something to put you on then it will make the grail harder to reach financially.

Good advice all. I guess I’m just getting frustrated I have to wait for the Marine Blue :). Patience is required.....

as the saying (that i just made up) goes - "there's no amount of hookers that will ever replace a good girlfriend"
    just like buying a mtgs didnt quench my thirst for a mrgg. in saying that tho, the gwn is just different enough that you could have both ;)
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Go try one on at a local store and decide whether you still like it or not. I surf regularly and used a PRG130y which had all my fav goodies, time tide moon and weather!

I was worried it wasnít getting enough wrist time outside of surfing, thinking it was because it was straight digi and I like hands. So I figured if I get a Gulfie with hands :) thatíll do the trick!

As with a lot of Casioís there is very little resale value, and that proved correct with my Protrek but not so with my 5600, which I also sold to get the GulfieI... if anything it gets less time than the Protrek but it serves a purpose in my collection.

It is big and ungainly and I miss being able to put adapters on it and wear a Zulu.

No doubt there will be a nicer option a few years down the track. So although you may think this is a grail watch. Grails have a habit of being usurped!

Enjoy whichever model you choose in good health

nkwatchy likes this.

As others have said - wait until you can afford what you really want. As with most things worth having - the anticipation is as much part of the pleasure than the act of consummation.

Buy cheap, buy twice !

Thread Information