Gulfmaster sunrise sunset question

Thread: Gulfmaster sunrise sunset question

Gulfmaster sunrise sunset question

I have a GWN-Q1000 which in all respects works as it should except for the sunrise/sunset function. The closest city code for my home time is Los Angeles (LAX). My location for sunrise-set is Lon 121.3 W, Lat 38.1 N., my actual home. When I input these settings my sunrise-set readings correspond not only with my local printed and Internet times but also with the readings on my Rangeman 9400 and B1000. After a few days when I check sunrise-set on the Gulfmaster I find the readings off by ten minutes or more. When I check my previous settings for Lon and Lat I find they have changed to Lat 34.1 N and Lon 118.2 W which are the settings for Los Angeles. My Rangeman watches do not change like this and are always accurate.
    Can anyone explain why this happens? Does this model automatically reset this function to the default home time location or is it a defect with my particular watch. It would seem to me that once I input my location that should be it since the watch does not have the ability to actually know it's location independently. Any thoughts?

Edit: Thankyou for your kind responses.
    Last edited by konakai; 2 Weeks Ago at 16:55.

Re: Gulfmaster sunrise sunset question

That behavior sounds odd. I'd got three digital Casios that show sunrise/sunset - GW-9400, PAW-2000 and PAS-400 -- and the longitude and latitude I set remains until I change it. The one exception is that if I change the home city, the longitude and latitude changes to that of the new home city, erasing my custom settings (this doesn't apply to the PAS-400, because it doesn't have a home city setting).

Maybe someone here who owns a GWN-Q1000 can verify the behavior you've seen. Otherwise, you might try contacting Casio support.

Indeed odd. I wish the lat and long were automatically linked to home city, so that it would be much easier when traveling to a different location and still get local sunrise sunset. Unfortunately it cannot. I doubt gwnq has this function while others don’t.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S View Post
    Indeed odd. I wish the lat and long were automatically linked to home city, so that it would be much easier when traveling to a different location and still get local sunrise sunset. Unfortunately it cannot. I doubt gwnq has this function while others don’t.
    If it works like the GW-9400 and PAW-2000, the longitude and latitude are automatically adjusted to the values for the home city that is set in the watch, but not linked to your current location, unless you live in that city.

Thread Information