Guys i need help please !

Thread: Guys i need help please !

Guys i need help please !

Do you think that this is ok ?
    I smell fake/scam but ...

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I am planing to buy me one on those 550 series ... so i will need some help :)

Re: Guys i need help please !

Quote Originally Posted by mudronjc View Post
    Do you think that this is ok ?

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I am planing to buy me one on those 550 series ... so i will need some help :)

I am no expert, but I typically avoid buying from HK. That does not mean we don't get fake items here in US, but I have seem so many fake stuff made there I naturally stay away from buying from HK. Good luck!

thank you ! :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well... no expert here either, but since the day I bought a fake of a casio f91 (the original one is a 12 euros watch) I won't be surprised about anything! :|

Quote Originally Posted by mudronjc View Post
    Why? Looks fine to me.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I'd work on the basis that any time you buy a watch from Ebay, from a Hong Kong seller, who advertises it as being 100% authentic, it probably isn't.

There are a lot of these Edifice watches on Ebay these days, and I've bought one myself (and am waiting for a second). The first one looked the part, but the box and manual did not. If they are fakes, though, they are good fakes, and I suspect them to be "end of shift and out the back door"* products rather than actual counterfeits.

* with many Japanese and Western brands outsourcing prduction to China, often in facilities that they don't have complete control of, it's not particularly unusual to come across goods that have been produced by (or at least in) the factory licensed to make the "genuine article" but outside of the terms of the licence.
    Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Every watch I've bought from Hong Kong (and there's been a few) has been the real deal.

Naturally there is some risk when purchasing on eBay, but the risk is not geography-dependent in my experience. For a while it seemed as though there was a higher preponderance of fakes coming from the UK, for example (not currently, I hasten to add).
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Good god. That's very good, but it's a fake in my opinion. I've had to look very closely.

1) On a real model, the text reading "1/20th" and "WR100M" on the central plate should be entirely parallel to the Casio logo and the rest of the text. ON that, it isn't and doesn't look right.

2) On a real model, the central screw head on the 3 o'clock dial should be silver coloured. That one is black.

You have to compare these fakes so, so, carefully to original Casio images now. They're getting too good to reveal themselves on their own.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

So far i didn't order anything from this seller , but i found this "Shop" from HK, and i looks ok and i think that my next order will be from this one !

eBay My World - watchesdeals

Thanks to all of you for your help :)

Thread Information