GW 1300A Issue

Thread: GW 1300A Issue

Picture GW 1300A Issue

Hmm, my new to me 1300 is freaking out. I jsut ran the timer... it ended and the noise went off... I left the timer mode and as im cycling back through the modes the "beep" stops...

The watch is now falshing in "recover mode" but the charge indicator is on 3 (full charge).

Any thoughts?
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

Re: GW 1300A Issue

Well I answered my own question by consulting the manual... DUH... :)

According to the manual:
    " If you use the light or alarms a number of times during a short peiod, the recover indicator appears on the display and the following operations become disabled until battery power recovers.
    Illumination
    Beeper Tone
    Coordination between digital and analg time keeping
    Time calibration signal reception"

So, nothing to worry about... :) Carry on!
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

Wink Re: GW 1300A Issue

Hi Jeff,

I'm always worried when a solar goes into recovery mode, specially a new one.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hmm. See if leaving it in the sun for a little while (fully charge) the battery helps. Sometimes it seems that solar G's say they're full, when they're only 67% or 76% full.
    Stuck in landlocked Atlanta.
    My divers:
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon White "Mad Cow"
    Doxa Sub750T Caribbean
    Stowa Seatime ProDiver (Black)
    Seikos: 6105, 6309, 7002, 7S26, and 6R15 Divers
    G Shocks: DW5600, DW6100, DW6600, DW9000, G9000 Mudman, G9100 Gulfman, MTG900, GW200 Frogman, GS1000 Giez and a dozen more!

My first GW1300A had a habit of going into recover mode when it shouldn't have (for example, after the first beep of an hourly signal, when I hadn't touched it for hours).

After a while, it started shutting down at random (and spinning the hands to 12), usually late in the day when I had been away from the sun (but it was getting plenty of sunlight and never left the H battery indicator, except for when it jumped directly to L).

I sent it to Casio and they sent me a PAW-1300, since the GW-1300A is discontinued. I used the money from selling the PAW to buy one of the last (very cheap) GW-1300s and now I'm back with what I wanted.

My second 1300A has been flawless - I wore it all day today and just took it off to set it by my window to catch the atomic signal, actually. If yours gives you any more trouble, try sending it to Casio.

Thread Information