GW-1700 pics for Sjors

Thread: GW-1700 pics for Sjors

Ben

GW-1700 pics for Sjors

Thumbs Up Re: GW-1700 pics for Sjors

OMG, what a Beauty!!! I love Maroon!!!!! Looks like Casio picked up my whish a few weeks ago I am totally broke... this is torture:-D

Thanks for let me know,

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Question Re: GW-1700 pics for Sjors

Hi, I'm new here!

I've been wearing my first and only g-shock for 10+ years now, a DW-6500 much like this one except all the lettering on mine is (or should I say was at some point) green. It still works perfectly after years of abuse, which has made me respect g-shocks. That's why I'm looking for another one of these super-tough watches to replace it as my DW-6500 has earned its retirement, and I'm looking for something a little 'classier' with a metal bracelet etc.. At the moment I have narrowed it down to two possible choices: GW-600 or GW-1700.

If I could get my hands on one of these Maroon GW-1700s I would buy it in an instant, the problem is this maroon colour for the 1700 doesn't seem to be available in Belgium. Will it ever be sold here or is it exclusive to Japan?

Also feel free to give me any advice on the decision between the GW-600/1700. I have read the manual for the 600 but it doesn't seem to be available for the 1700 yet. Does it lack any of the features of the 600? Anything else I should know before deciding or is it purely a matter of taste?

Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: GW-1700 pics for Sjors

Quote Originally Posted by Superbird
    Hi, I'm new here!

I've been wearing my first and only g-shock for 10+ years now, a DW-6500 much like this one except all the lettering on mine is (or should I say was at some point) green. It still works perfectly after years of abuse, which has made me respect g-shocks. That's why I'm looking for another one of these super-tough watches to replace it as my DW-6500 has earned its retirement, and I'm looking for something a little 'classier' with a metal bracelet etc.. At the moment I have narrowed it down to two possible choices: GW-600 or GW-1700.

If I could get my hands on one of these Maroon GW-1700s I would buy it in an instant, the problem is this maroon colour for the 1700 doesn't seem to be available in Belgium. Will it ever be sold here or is it exclusive to Japan?

Also feel free to give me any advice on the decision between the GW-600/1700. I have read the manual for the 600 but it doesn't seem to be available for the 1700 yet. Does it lack any of the features of the 600? Anything else I should know before deciding or is it purely a matter of taste?

Thanks.
    Hi Superbird!

I'm not sure the 1700 will come to Europe. This version you see here is Japanese because it says "20bar" on the dial instead of "200m". If you decide to import it, the Wave Ceptor won't work because it doesn't understand the signal from Rugby (GB) of Mainflingen (?! Germany). The GW-600 is available in Europe so the Wave Ceptor will work. I think they are both very nice but I prefer a digital to an analog.

Please post pictures if you decide to get one of these!
    ... and welcome ofcourse!

Gilbert
    Last edited by startacked; March 28th, 2006 at 19:21.

the GW-1700 WILL be released in Europe.. Its listed on the Lineup of the european site
    0096-WD <3 i

On http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/ and www.g-shock.de the GW-1700 is advertised as new with the correct Wave Ceptor for the British and German signals, but only available with black or dark blue dial. Also the G on the case is in different typeface than on this Jap model. So I think it is coming to Europe although I haven't seen it in stores yet.

The GW-600 is indeed readily available in most stores around my neighborhood, but I would like to see a 1700 in person before making a decision. I too prefer digital for ease of use, but I think the 1700 looks more stylish (at least in the pictures it does). I'm guessing it wouldn't take me too long to get used to the analog... I'm more worried about how easy it would be to manipulate certain functions e.g. set an alarm with such a small display. That's why I'm looking for a manual too. Maybe a GW-1700 owner could help me out?

Oh and I will make sure to post some pics when I've made a decision and bought a new G!
    Last edited by Superbird; March 28th, 2006 at 22:24.

Sigh... no atomic time therefore no waveceptors are available in Singapore

Manual for the European GW-1700 available since today here.

I hope this means it is coming soon! Already e-mailed the best store in town for more info and maybe an ETA...

Thanks for the info Superbird!
    I was desperately searching for this manual.
    Jean-Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by Superbird
    Manual for the European GW-1700 available since today here.

I hope this means it is coming soon! Already e-mailed the best store in town for more info and maybe an ETA...

Thread Information