GW-2000B-1AER Questions

Thread: GW-2000B-1AER Questions

GW-2000B-1AER Questions

Hi guys,

I just got the GW-2000B today and am very pleased with it.

This is my first solar and atomic Casio watch and I have some questions for you.

With regards to the year setting - does the watch set this up automatically? Mine was set up with the correct year but I was just curious if the atomic function does this for you?

Does the atomic function set the correct date and month for you too?

I read that the watch performs an automatic time check between the hours of midnight and 5am. I normally store my watch in a drawer in my bedroom so perhaps the signal wouldn't reach it there. Should I store it somewhere else so it can receive automatic updates or does this not really matter?

Any help is appreciated!!!

Re: GW-2000B-1AER Questions

The atomic function will set the date as well as the time.

As far as location of the watch is concerned, it all depends on signal reception in your area. If it is good, the watch might sync in the drawer (mine have), but if the signal is less good you might need to experiment.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thanks, tribe. I'm in the UK too so I'll see what happens. Having said that I'm in Northern Ireland and my watch did have a few problems trying to sync manually today but I'll see what happens over the next few days. I can always check it in the morning. :)

I guess my watch will go into sleep mode in the drawer - will it still try to sync the time up whilst in sleep mode?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi bingefeller

I have this lovely watch too - I wrote a review in the Review section (vs G 7710 just for the hell of it).

Here is a tip:

There are issues with some of the watch settings (I have now forgotten what they are but someone did write about them on here which is how I found out) if you do not go to page E-59 of the manual and perform the Home Settings routine first.

This should be at the front of the manual not the back! Casio goofing I guess.

Just go through this routine and then do all the other stuff after and all will be ok.

I guess you will sync' off the Carlisle beacon - I am about 50 miles South of it and obviously have zero problems with sync'ing. Direct hit every night!

Great watch - enjoy yours.
    Current watches:

Casio GW-2000B
    Casio G-7710
    Rolex Explorer

Hi Nick.

Good review - I also have the G7710 and I like it, although I much prefer the GW-2000B over it. I have everything set up on it, just wondering about keeping it in a drawer at night, which is where I normally keep my watches, and the sync thing. :)

Quote Originally Posted by bingefeller View Post
    Hi Nick.

Good review - I also have the G7710 and I like it, although I much prefer the GW-2000B over it. I have everything set up on it, just wondering about keeping it in a drawer at night, which is where I normally keep my watches, and the sync thing. :)
    I don't think it'll sync' in the drawer tbh - but I am not sure of this; never tried.

I just leave mine on a window sill overnight and it sorts itself out.

At the end of the day you could do a manual sync' maybe once a week(very quick to do) if you don't want to leave it overnight on your window sill?
    Current watches:

Casio GW-2000B
    Casio G-7710
    Rolex Explorer

Thread Information