GW-2000B - To buy or not to buy? - Page 2

Thread: GW-2000B - To buy or not to buy?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: GW-2000B - To buy or not to buy?

If you want to buy a big analog watch for when you're wearing a suit, check TW Steel.

I have a TW604B:

This is not their cheapest watch, but you can find nice stuff for about 300 €. And they sell each watch in two different sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBlazE View Post
    Also it seems a bit longggg vertically, but I'm used to chunky watches as a whole with suits, just a standard digi G doesn't look quite right with them... My usual watch at work is a Citizen Skyhawk A-T, which isn't exactly of Citizen Stiletto proportions! ;)
    I agree. The proportions on the GW2000 are a bit "off", to my eye anyway, and I've had a love/hate relationship with that aspect of the watch. Your Skyhawk will likely be a better choice for a suit. I don't think it's quite as tall as the GW2000, even though the case diameter is a smidge larger. Plus, the Skyhawk is just a much higher quality watch in terms of bracelet and finish.
    Hotel Clerk: Do you have seventeen dollars and a good watch?
    Del: No I don't. I have uh... two dollars... and a Casio.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    BREITLING: Navitimer Cosmonaute D22322 | CASIO: MTG-910DA, MTG-1200B, GW-200-2JF, GW-5000, GW-M5610, GW-9400 | IWC: Mark XVI 3255-01 | OMEGA: Seamaster Professional 2220.5000, Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005 | TAG HEUER: Formula 1 Chronograph CAU1111 | ZENITH: El Primero 1969 Chronomaster 03.2040.400

Quote Originally Posted by nuovorecord View Post
    I agree. The proportions on the GW2000 are a bit "off", to my eye anyway, and I've had a love/hate relationship with that aspect of the watch. Your Skyhawk will likely be a better choice for a suit. I don't think it's quite as tall as the GW2000, even though the case diameter is a smidge larger. Plus, the Skyhawk is just a much higher quality watch in terms of bracelet and finish.
    Thanks all, and nuovorecord, this is true about the finish and bracelet. I have the Steel version too so it's nice and weighty. Great functions too on the Skyhawk - 99M Timer isn't the best, but not bad, and Chrono, 2 alarms, backlight for digi sections... It's good, but I'm always promoting G-shocks at work so a semi-smart G would be ideal...!

Guy next to me is wearing a Spike Lee DW-5000 - Casual Fridays! Gotta love em
    Last edited by JohnnyBlazE; October 8th, 2010 at 09:31.
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

I think with a watch like this - it's quite important to try it out in real world before buying. Size, look, appearance on the wrist, buttons, the readability of all the small dials and details and the speed of the dials. Or at least buy from a seller with a very good return policy

Quote Originally Posted by ThomAsio View Post
    I think with a watch like this - it's quite important to try it out in real world before buying. Size, look, appearance on the wrist, buttons, the readability of all the small dials and details and the speed of the dials. Or at least buy from a seller with a very good return policy
    You're right ThomAsio, I will try it on first... I also want a Dee and Ricky GA-110 and a white G (be it the GA-100 with blue (not available in UK IIRC), GA-110 with silver or GLX-5600)

I buy from Casio direct; don't think they work on Sale or Return! I think it best to order some in anyway, they seem popular enough, and if I like it enough I'll buy one!
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

Quote Originally Posted by KarelVdD View Post
    If you want to buy a big analog watch for when you're wearing a suit, check TW Steel.

I have a TW604B:

This is not their cheapest watch, but you can find nice stuff for about 300 €. And they sell each watch in two different sizes.
    That's a pretty beast! I have a second hand Tissot given to me by an old customer, which this reminds me of...

I think it is this Seastar:

Don't know why he got rid of it tbh, but it has taken a beating!

EDIT: they look nothing alike overall, but I do get reminded of it when I saw your TW Steel
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

Okay, so something else has come into the mix as a potential over the GW-2000B... Not a G, but an Edifice...EQW-500BE-1AVER... Opinions?:

Funnily though I think I can get the GW-2000B cheaper than this one hmm... Decisions decisions!

My opinion, I like the Edifice, but the G is a G afterall, plus no digital window which spoils the Edifice somewhat I think in what seems like it should be a purely analog watch.
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

EDIT: they look nothing alike overall, but I do get reminded of it when I saw your TW Steel
    Probably the shape of the lugs, they're pretty much exactly the same

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Burnham View Post
    Probably the shape of the lugs, they're pretty much exactly the same
    Spot on...! Both nice pieces actually.
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

Okay, so something else has come into the mix as a potential over the GW-2000B... Not a G, but an Edifice...EQW-500BE-1AVER... Opinions?:

Funnily though I think I can get the GW-2000B cheaper than this one hmm... Decisions decisions!

My opinion, I like the Edifice, but the G is a G afterall, plus no digital window which spoils the Edifice somewhat I think in what seems like it should be a purely analog watch.
    Crap, I think I might get both :s
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information