GW-2000B - To buy or not to buy? - Page 3

Thread: GW-2000B - To buy or not to buy?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: GW-2000B - To buy or not to buy?

Buy
    or you can consider a GW-2500 ...

Nice! Like the G-Shock Clock too!
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

Quote Originally Posted by joost73 View Post
    Buy
    or you can consider a GW-2500 ...

Stowa Marine Automatic solid silver dial Hamilton Jazzmaster Power Reserve | Jazzmaster Viewmatic Seiko 5 SNZD13J1 | 5 SNZE87J1 Parnis Power Reserve Accurist Kinetic Chronograph MB 560 Casio (G-Shock) GW50001JF | DW5200C | DW5600C | DW5600R3 | G7800B1DR | DW6600 |​ DW6630B (modded) Casio (Protrek) PRG-240B

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

GW-2000 is my first G-Shock, and I never regret it ( also because digital is not my taste). A very attractive G-Shock, more casual and sporty than the usual digital G-Shock.
    But with its rubber strap and thickness, I seriously doubt it can go well with suit tho.

Hey Johnny,

I did a review on my 2000 - it's the BD version so if anything even that bit more formal (ish).

I have to say, its pretty incompatible with a shirt, suit combo. Leave aside the looks, which of course are subjective, its side profile is just too steep to let a shirt cuff sit properly (even the suit cuff hangs up on it). And I wear french cuffs & cuff links and still find this.

Aside from that consideration, its a great watch. The only thing that dates its function set for me is lack of tough movement. Otherwise, its still an excellent time piece and has sufficient function for a sporadic user of stopwatch/countdown timer (i.e. nice to have them, but obviously not overly functional because of the small dial - getting that much info on the dial is however impressive).

If I wanted this functionality to wear with a suit, I think Sedi's edifice is a better option.

The G-Shock in my collection that matches suited & booted look best is my MRG-110T. If I want something slightly more low profile I go to my i-range.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information