GW-2000B - To buy or not to buy?

Thread: GW-2000B - To buy or not to buy?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GW-2000B - To buy or not to buy?

Guys and gals,

I am a big big fan of digital watches, but with suits my G's don't go as well.
    I sometimes pull off the G-314RL.

I may be able to obtain a GW-2000B relatively cheap so I am wondering what owner experiences have been and does the lack of EL/Blacklight matter?
    I have heard good things about the Lume on this forum, and the watch looks pretty good.

Wrist shots would be fantstic also.

Not a bad looking thing for an analog G...!

-=JohnnyBlazE=-

Re: GW-2000B - To buy or not to buy?

Here is mine:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f105/my...ay-410534.html

Nice watch - very comfortable and legible as far as telling the time/date goes.

I use mine for time/date/alarm and I would use the world time facility if I ever went abroad. Used for these purposes it is spot on.

If you need to use countdown timer and stopwatch functions 100% accurately and/or frequently then this is not the best watch.

Lume is adequate, lack of backlight not a problem for my usage, backlight would be nice option to have.

Very comfortable and easy to wear watch.
    Current watches:

Casio GW-2000B
    Casio G-7710
    Rolex Explorer

It's definitely form over function in some respects.

Consider that in the computing world, people get seriously worked up over the fact that a particular machine can boot in 9.2 seconds rather than 9.5.

Then look at these Casio analogue multifunctions, and realise that it could take you 6 seconds or more to change from normal to world time, whereas on a digital watch it would take a couple of 0.1s button presses.....

If you like the look, but are prepared to wait significantly for the additional modes to present themselves, then go for it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi,
    I had the GW-2000-1 and it is a nice watch but not really compatible with a suit as it is very high. Here's a pic of the GW-2500B which has the same case - on top of a G-3010:

If you want something really compatible with a suit with the same features - go for the Edifice EQW-M1000:

Considering the lume - just a few days ago while wearing my EQW-M1000, my son woke up at 6.00 a.m. (still dark at that time right now) and to my utter amazement I could still read the time on it after 6 hours of sleep. So I think even if they're not very bright they do last long enough. However it seems to me that the lume on the Edifice is slightly better - even though the hands aren't completely lumed. Btw: the AGW-101 is said to have some pretty good lume.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

HCP

i have the gw-2000b, it is my first analogue G and i think it's a pretty sweet looking watch. good size and comfortable on the wrist. i personally don't wear this with suits, i find the orange accents makes it look a little sporty and like another member has stated it is a little thick. the lume doesn't bother me to much just like any other analogue watch with lume, if the lume aint charged up it will be a little hard to see at night. i guess a backlight would of been cool. all in all i enjoy the watch alot, defenately a keeper in my collection. if u can get it for a good price go for it, i'm sure you will enjoy it :)

This is one of the few watches that I've sold that I later re-acquired. The functions are nice, in particular the ability to quickly swap between two time zones and the 24 hr. CDT. The lume is good by Casio standards, but pretty average compared to a Seiko or Citizen. Still, I find it gets the job done. And, as others have said, it's a bit chunky to wear with a dress shirt and suit. But I love mine; it's my go-to weekend watch!
    Hotel Clerk: Do you have seventeen dollars and a good watch?
    Del: No I don't. I have uh... two dollars... and a Casio.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    BREITLING: Navitimer Cosmonaute D22322 | CASIO: MTG-910DA, MTG-1200B, GW-200-2JF, GW-5000, GW-M5610, GW-9400 | IWC: Mark XVI 3255-01 | OMEGA: Seamaster Professional 2220.5000, Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005 | TAG HEUER: Formula 1 Chronograph CAU1111 | ZENITH: El Primero 1969 Chronomaster 03.2040.400

Thanks guys! I didn't even know it was fully equipped with Alarm and CDT etc
    Haven't done my research yet! :$
    Also it seems a bit longggg vertically, but I'm used to chunky watches as a whole with suits, just a standard digi G doesn't look quite right with them... My usual watch at work is a Citizen Skyhawk A-T, which isn't exactly of Citizen Stiletto proportions! ;)

BTW Sedi, that Edifice is beautiful - I could have one but not as cheap as the 2000B at this moment :$
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBlazE View Post
    BTW Sedi, that Edifice is beautiful - I could have one but not as cheap as the 2000B at this moment :$
    :thanks mate - it was on sale with 40% off, so it was a deal to good to pass up. It was only slightly more expensive than the GW-2000 I had.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

I have one and also have a Skyhawk AT - the GW-2000 is my "intermediate" watch when I want something a little nicer than my GW9000 mudman, but don't want to wear the Skyhawk. It is perfect with a polo shirt or tshirt and jeans/khakis IMHO. I almost pulled the trigger on a GIEZ but much prefer the functions and layout of the GW2000.

The 24hr countdown timer is nice - the stopwatch works great, world time is good and the lume isn't blazing but works fine overall. The only minor niggle is that the smaller dials - the accumulator for the stopwatch for example, is a little small and my 40 something eyes have to reach at times to read it easily. Still a minor complaint for a watch that looks great and has the best functionality of any of the pure analog Casios in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HesNot View Post
    a watch that looks great and has the best functionality of any of the pure analog Casios in my opinion.
    I think so, too :

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information