GW-2500's - side by side

Thread: GW-2500's - side by side

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GW-2500's - side by side

GW-2500BD and GW-2500B

Fortaleza, Brazil. "The land of the sun" 30C /86F , all year long...

Re: GW-2500's - side by side

Hi, Is it screwback? (-: just wondering...

No - it's not. I still can't get over the dial and the weird sticker like placement of the subdials. Really want to like the BD. Oh well...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Bulldog, you're doing this on purpose.

There are features from each that I like. I like the orange hand on one, the negative display on the other, and the silver bezel on one, the black bracelet on the other. I'm trying to figure out which one I want to order.

(And please -- please -- don't tell me to order both.)
    Ticking Away the Moments that Make Up a Dull Day

Thanks for the shots bulldog - this was a series that I really wanted to like a lot but I am now less than lukewarm over. Awesome package all round though.

Quote Originally Posted by clarencek View Post
    No - it's not. I still can't get over the dial and the weird sticker like placement of the subdials. Really want to like the BD. Oh well...
    Just checked some of your old posts and the GW-2500BD is in good company. Looks like you did not like the GW-5000 or the PRX-2000YT Manaslu either.

bulldog, you have some awesome modern casios! nice.

thanks for the comparison pics. nothing can replace candid shots like these. incidentally, and being charitable, i think the square texture around the subdial is meant to invoke an aviation theme, like citizen does on some skyhawk models.

here are what i think we can consider the gw-2500's [mod 5064] first and second cousins: the giezz gs-1050 [mod 5105] and the oceanus ocw-t400 [mod 5054] (with tough mvt):

"It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Hi,
    well I didn't like the GW-2500 at first and I still think the GW-2000 looks better (I sold it however 'cause the slow response time when making adjustments was a big PITA), but the features on the GW-2500 won me over and this will probably be my next purchase . Still not too sure about the 60min timer but since it can be set to auto-repeat 8 times I think I can live with that.
    So :thanks for the side-by-side pix .

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog15 View Post
    Both look good to me! Tough to pick one tho.

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post
    bulldog, you have some awesome modern casios! nice.

thanks for the comparison pics. nothing can replace candid shots like these. incidentally, and being charitable, i think the square texture around the subdial is meant to invoke an aviation theme, like citizen does on some skyhawk models.

here are what i think we can consider the gw-2500's [mod 5064] first and second cousins: the giezz gs-1050 [mod 5105] and the oceanus ocw-t400 [mod 5054] (with tough mvt):

Whoa - where did that Giez come from???? I am a real fan of the Giez line, and man I missed this one ... after looking thru all the old posts, I guess I can be excused, at that time (in July) I was on the beach in Jamaica, with no internet. But man, what are they thinking on this one? I agree with you a-Tom-ic, this ones a stinker. It's like they just slapped the mtg face right on the Giez but kept out atomic (and obv tough movt). Proportions are all wrong. Oh well .. . I was hoping for a new Giez that would be more, well, unique I guess. Just another re-hash...

I still really want to like the GW-2500BD, but so far it is falling further in my list... gotta see it person somehow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information