GW-3000: Update

Thread: GW-3000: Update

GW-3000: Update

Hi G-Shockers,

Well, just set my sights on the new GW-3000BD-1AER, and reading through the threads saw that there is a question about the Stopwatch problem : 24 minutes or 24 hours. The manual for the respective module 5121 says clearly 24 minutes, while on the same official site where the manual was downloaded from states 24 HR. I saw that both petew and Sedi confirmed it for 24 mins though. A shame ... As soon as it comes in I'll test it and share the info.

Looks to me CASIO keeps on omitting purposely something with every new model...

Attached Images Attached Images

Re: GW-3000: Update

Welcome to the forum.

And you're right, this has been hashed out. I'm sure it isn't Casio trying to spoil anyone's day. It's a limitation of their own design regarding the physical dials on this module. Maybe the design started with the 3 o'clock being hours and minutes, and the central second being chrono seconds. Maybe that was deemed hard to read (the right subdial). Maybe they just thought it would be cool to have 10ths
    and 100ths on an analog chrono.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

I just purchased a GW-3000 cause I fell in love with its gorgeous looks. Today I tried the stopwatch several times. Unfortunately the stopwatch is limited to 24 minutes, not 24 hours. But in my opinion stopwatches are best suited in digital watches, non analog ones. Timer is another function missing in this watch. Hope this helps!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Is the -BD version actually available in the EU yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardD View Post
    Is the -BD version actually available in the EU yet?
    I think it is. Check here:

http://www.mooihorloge.nl/horloge/he...00bd-1aer.html

and here:

http://www.sunnywatches.com/watches/more-casio.html

The price is around 300 euro, surely it will drop

Regards, XoLo

Sunny watches don't have any stock - but I don't know if that's because the EU models have yet to land, or whether they are waiting for JP stock via an overseas wholesaler. Either way, I had one on order with them then cancelled when they told me how long it would be.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by XoLo View Post
    Looks to me CASIO keeps on omitting purposely something with every new model...
    exactly! and as long as casio is doing so, they can sell their stuff to whomever, just not to me. a 24 minutes stopwatch is not only totally unacceptable but plain ridiculous, of course everybody needs 1/100ths precision instead . same goes for the lack of a cdt, especially since the predecessor had a 24h one

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by XoLo View Post
    The price is around 300 euro, surely it will drop
    I wouldn't be so sure. From past experience, even when prices dropped it was temporary.

Thread Information