GW-3000B-1AJF sky pilot challenged

Thread: GW-3000B-1AJF sky pilot challenged

GW-3000B-1AJF sky pilot challenged

okay guys,recieved my orange GW-3000B from japan last tues,love the watch,looks fantastic and the size is nice and thick,good and hefty also.
    however for some reason I am having a hard time getting this watch set up.I have gone over the 5121 module info countless times but every time I set up the time(NYC home city)then press A the hands revert back to some unknown time,date.never had a problem with setting up atomic featured watches before,my GW-2500B is a cake walk compared to this JDM beast.
    for those who are familar with this watch I am trying to set the time manually by pressing C for 2 seconds to put the watch in time telling mode,then A for 5 seconds to adjust,after that is a crapshoot,any help greatly appreciated.

CHEERS
    john

Re: GW-3000B-1AJF sky pilot challenged

I must admit, I did a double-take+faceplam when I read your name. ^_^
    It might be a year or two before the GW-3000's price drops into my budget range but I'm really digging the one with teal hands. Anyways, I'm sure the forum would love to see pics. Sorry if I can't provide any help but I'm eager to see the beast in something besides stock manufacturer photos.
    "...[A] watch isn’t about telling the time, it is about your relationship with time. A watch is about style, a story and the history of both your watch and your own life."
    -Askmen.com's The Watch Snob

Unfortunately, not sure I have any real pointers on manually setting it. When I got mine, I followed the online instructions to set it to my city (or equivalent time zone) and the synch set it to the right time. I did read through the instructions once without even looking at the watch itself, just to get an idea of the process start to finish, then I went and did the steps one by one, but only to set the time zone and DST function. I would think following the online manual would do the trick, and hope it's not an issue with the watch itself. Sorry i'm no big help.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewSo View Post
    It might be a year or two before the GW-3000's price drops into my budget range but I'm really digging the one with teal hands. Anyways, I'm sure the forum would love to see pics.
    They plan to drop the price? Lord willing, it doesn't become a limited edition collectible and the mass market never sees it as it rises in price.

Sorry. Also can't help you much here. Those atomic analog's really seem to fight you at first.
    Last edited by aero26; April 5th, 2010 at 04:03.
    Casio G-9100 Gulfman (1)
    Casio AW-582B-7A1JR (1)
    Casio AWG-500J-9AJF (1)

My last will be a G1710D-1A. Then its peace and much love to ya G-Shock.

Quote Originally Posted by aero26 View Post
    They plan to drop the price? Lord willing, it doesn't become a limited edition collectible and the mass market never sees it as it rises in price.
    I'm just anticipating depreciation as time goes on and Casio releases new models. Plus, after a couple of years, it may be easier to find one second-hand as people buy and flip. At least that's what I'm hoping for since I'll still be in school...
    "...[A] watch isn’t about telling the time, it is about your relationship with time. A watch is about style, a story and the history of both your watch and your own life."
    -Askmen.com's The Watch Snob

Hi,
    according to the manual you have to press A for five seconds and then D until the seconds hand points to the according city code then press B to toggle DST on/off. Then press A again and do a manual receive and that should be it .

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

hey guys,thanks to all who responded in regards to my sky pilot situation,I am pretty sure its the operator and no fault of the watch,I am apparently GW-3000 challenged.I tried the method sedi recommended(thank you)for manual recieve without success.
    at this point I would just be really happy manually setting up the watch
    to just tell me the time,day,date.

CHEERS
    john

Thread Information