GW-3000B 24hr problem

Thread: GW-3000B 24hr problem

GW-3000B 24hr problem

I recently bought a GW-3000B and have run into a bit of a problem. The 24hr internal indicator seems to be off by 12 hours. The 24hr dial at 6 which indicates 24hr time for home city (set to LAX) reads correctly. But my date moves forward at 1200 not 2400, and all the world time calculations are off by 12 hours (ie as I am posting this GMT is 2319, but my watch displays 1119). Any suggestions?

Also, I have tried allowing it to synch to correct this but haven't been successful. Have left it in the window every night for a week and when I check to see if there was a successful synch in the morning the second hand points to N.

Thanks.

Re: GW-3000B 24hr problem

Are you sure you have set your 'home' city correctly? i.e. As opposed to having set your secondary time (world time mode) to LAX... it sounds like your 'home' city may not be set correctly.

Your primary home time needs to be set in the timekeeping mode (hold the A button for 5 seconds until you hear the double beep), not any other mode. The home city also affects your synching bandwidth i believe...

Yes. In fact I set my home city and the world time city as the same and the world time clock (at the 3) showed 12hrs ahead of the time the watch displayed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jedibookworm13 View Post
    Yes. In fact I set my home city and the world time city as the same and the world time clock (at the 3) showed 12hrs ahead of the time the watch displayed.
    If you have both your home and world time cities the same, then both the 24 hour clocks (3 position and 6 position) should be showing the same time, hands should be in identical positions...is this the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Sengyoku View Post
    If you have both your home and world time cities the same, then both the 24 hour clocks (3 position and 6 position) should be showing the same time, hands should be in identical positions...is this the case?
    Negataive. With both home and world city set the same there is a 12hr discrepancy between the 3 position clock and the 6 position clock.

I had this same problem. What ended up working for me was going through and setting the home city, time and date manually- from scratch, as if I had just bought the watch - then letting it sync that night. The next day, I was good to go.

here's a link in case you don't have your manual

Quote Originally Posted by jedibookworm13 View Post
    Negataive. With both home and world city set the same there is a 12hr discrepancy between the 3 position clock and the 6 position clock.
    You should probably try what CPtime suggested, adjust everything manually, setting the home city again and then let it synch. if that is still wrong, you'll need to check the 'home' positions for the hands (on page 5 of the manual), all time indicating hands should be pointing 'north/up' i.e. the 12 position for the main dial and the 24 position for both 24-hour dials, if you see one of the hands on the 24 hour dial that you say is 'off' pointing down at the 12, then you've identified the problem! Correct this and then everything should display properly...

Anyway, don't worry, as much as the GW-3000 is packed with automated technology, it is still completely manually adjustable :)

Thread Information