GW-3000M worth saving?
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: GW-3000M worth saving?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GW-3000M worth saving?

Was clearing out a drawer at home and came across my old work watch. It hasnít been worn in nearly 2 years and amazingly as soon as it saw a bit of light it sprang back to life. Itís sat on a window sill now getting a charge.

Iíve taken it apart to clean as it was filthy. The strap is toast which is why I stopped wearing it. The metal part of the bezel has had a sharp impact and doesnít fit properly, Iíve tried to straighten it but need replacing really. The top bezel is pretty worn but useable, just wouldnít look new.

Anyway Iím trying to decide if itís worth trying to source the parts and start wearing it again. I can find the strap online no problem but Iím having trouble finding the other parts.

Anyway, worth saving? And anyone have a good source of parts that ship to uk. And pictures of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mougino, Dxnnis and yankeexpress like this.
    Rolex Deepsea 116660 - Casio MTG-B1000-1AER

Re: GW-3000M worth saving?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavep View Post
    Was clearing out a drawer at home and came across my old work watch. It hasnít been worn in nearly 2 years and amazingly as soon as it saw a bit of light it sprang back to life. Itís sat on a window sill now getting a charge.

Iíve taken it apart to clean as it was filthy. The strap is toast which is why I stopped wearing it. The metal part of the bezel has had a sharp impact and doesnít fit properly, Iíve tried to straighten it but need replacing really. The top bezel is pretty worn but useable, just wouldnít look new.

Anyway Iím trying to decide if itís worth trying to source the parts and start wearing it again. I can find the strap online no problem but Iím having trouble finding the other parts.

Anyway, worth saving? And anyone have a good source of parts that ship to uk. And pictures of course.

100% worth saving!

The steel bezel part is what will be expensive though.

Tiktox have SOME spares, but not the inner bezel or correct outer bezel for yours but here's the link:
    https://www.tiktox.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Gw-3000

Other than that, give Casio UK spares dept a call on 0208 2089567, their prices are usually very cheap, but obviously there's no guarantee they'll have everything you need. I've used them loads and would highly recommend them.

I haven't tried them during the Covid-19 thing, but def worth a shout.

Also a question - If you look at the main watch case, there should be a small hole in one of the "corners" in the black section?

All G's with a metal section to the bezel have a spring that goes through the watch case and contacts both metal bezel and caseback. These are for anti static reasons.

I'm just asking as I don't see a spring in your photos and if you don't know about them they are very easily lost because they're not secured in.

One other thing, give the watch literally weeks in strong light to get to full charge!! If it's been away for that long it will take ages to charge enough.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Still looks good. If i were you i would definitely restore it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ahh i wondered what that hole was for, yeah the springs missing, Is that going to be a problem? I guess casio wouldn't put it there if it wasn't needed. The watch does still receive the time signal though at least.

Ive seen the tiktox site, like you said no bezels, Pacparts has them listed but not in stock, think they say 2 weeks to get them in but I don't know what they're like and if they ship to the UK. Casio UK a good shout though.

And it's sitting on the window as we speak..
    Dxnnis likes this.

Ahh i wondered what that hole was for, yeah the springs missing, Is that going to be a problem? I guess casio wouldn't put it there if it wasn't needed. The watch does still receive the time signal though at least.

Ive seen the tiktox site, like you said no bezels, Pacparts has them listed but not in stock, think they say 2 weeks to get them in but I don't know what they're like and if they ship to the UK. Casio UK a good shout though.

And it's sitting on the window as we speak..
    I don't know if no spring will be a problem or not, like you say, it's there for a reason so I personally wouldn't want to risk anything not having one in there.

One tip for you on that note though - if you have any spare spring bars then find a longer one and pull it apart and use the spring from inside. These are also good if you ever have a G where the alarm spring is missing from the module.

On Pacparts - They are a good parts source, but shipping to us in the UK is very expensive compared to what you pay for the parts. Depends if you're happy to pay those fees.

On Casio UK - They work from exploded diagrams I believe, so sometimes you do need to specify, for example, the correct lettering colour on bezels, that sort of thing, especially where they look at a watch that has more than one version.

Dxnnis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post
    I don't know if no spring will be a problem or not, like you say, it's there for a reason so I personally wouldn't want to risk anything not having one in there.

One tip for you on that note though - if you have any spare spring bars then find a longer one and pull it apart and use the spring from inside. These are also good if you ever have a G where the alarm spring is missing from the module.

On Pacparts - They are a good parts source, but shipping to us in the UK is very expensive compared to what you pay for the parts. Depends if you're happy to pay those fees.

On Casio UK - They work from exploded diagrams I believe, so sometimes you do need to specify, for example, the correct lettering colour on bezels, that sort of thing, especially where they look at a watch that has more than one version.

Cheers for your replies, Got a few springbars in the drawer too so I'll get the spring out of one of those and see if i can get it to fit. I guessed pacparts would be a bit pricey on the shipping but as a last resort it's good to know they're decent. I'm thinking of getting the black strap for it, not only is it cheaper but i remember having to scrub the orange one a lot as it very easily started to discolour. Just looking at it now it's gross lol.
    Dxnnis likes this.

Cheers for your replies, Got a few springbars in the drawer too so I'll get the spring out of one of those and see if i can get it to fit. I guessed pacparts would be a bit pricey on the shipping but as a last resort it's good to know they're decent. I'm thinking of getting the black strap for it, not only is it cheaper but i remember having to scrub the orange one a lot as it very easily started to discolour. Just looking at it now it's gross lol.
    No worries, glad to help. Just make sure the spring is long enough. They usually have 2-3mm sticking up from the case once in the hole.

If you're going for black straps then I guess the black bezel from Tiktox would look good too?

Saying that, still call Casio as they could be cheaper. You do pay for postage from Casio though, £2.79 I think?

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    Dxnnis likes this.

Try a spring from a spring bar, you might have to clip it to size after checking if it fits.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
    Dxnnis likes this.
    Call sign: Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

I found a spring bar and removed the spring. Iíve already cut it down, you think itís still too long?

Iíve no idea what itís supposed to connect to. Doesnít look like itíll touch the metal bezel.

Dxnnis likes this.

I found a spring bar and removed the spring. Iíve already cut it down, you think itís still too long?

Iíve no idea what itís supposed to connect to. Doesnít look like itíll touch the metal bezel.

Looks fine. Seeing your photo I now remember that on my 3500, there were some small adhesive "foil" squares stuck on the underside of the resin section of the bezel in the position where the spring pokes up.

Apologies that I got it slightly wrong. It is usual for these springs to touch the steel part on other G's though.

Dxnnis likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information