GW-3000M on Zulu with adaptors
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: GW-3000M on Zulu with adaptors

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

So, after seeing this thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/gw3...-713478-3.html I decided I wanted to try getting the adaptors and putting the GW-3000M on a Zulu style strap. I am not a big fan of the GW-3000M's thick resin strap, so this would make the watch easier to wear.

Here are my thoughts and what I've found...

The adpators are actually for the PRW-1300. I bought two each of the adaptor sets and 22mm straps from TikTox (when I checked TikTox, there were zero adaptors in stock, but I emailed Keith and he said he actually had stock and so he updated the website, allowing me to order). The adaptors are expensive, but they come with the male-female pin screw which is nice to have a spare of, because these are easy to mangle when trying to change straps. I ordered two sets of adaptors and two straps because I thought I might want to use the other set on my GW-4000. Unfortunately, TikTox charged me for two straps but only sent me one. No problem, I will email them and ask for a refund on the missing strap.

The adpators have "pathfinder" and "multiband 5" written on them, which needs to go! I tried acetone as the thread above mentioned, but I found it very hard to get the letters off. I ended up using 1000 grit sandpaper and even then the shadows of some of the letters are still visible. So this is not an easy stealth job.

The 22mm strap fits the adaptors perfectly, but I preferred the look and feel of a 24mm strap that I already had, so I used that instead. It also fits remarkably well.

The adaptors have little nubs that hit the caseback of the GW-3000. I trimmed off these nubs with a knife, so the adaptors would fit and not interfere with the caseback, allowing for a smaller angle that will hug the wrist better:

Re: GW-3000M on Zulu with adaptors

awesome, it looks so ready for some serious action now

Looks awesome! I may be trying this in the future...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very nice! I just took that exact model and put it on black resin straps today, but I think I like your change-up better.

That looks good; unlike some adapters I've seen, those don't look like an afterthought. I might track down a similar pair for my 5600E; right now, it's pseudo-mil-shocked (I cut and melted the strap to fit between the lugs but remain normal width everywhere else) and I'm really liking how light the combo is.

Look good! I like this GW3000M because it has white, orange and blue color blended nicely in the dial. They can do many combination with the band. Even with the original orange band is cool already. I'm curious how does it look on the orange strip ZULU?

lvt

Love it
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Dig it.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I almost got an orange Zulu, but I didn't think I would wear it and it would get dirty easily.

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I almost got an orange Zulu, but I didn't think I would wear it and it would get dirty easily.

You should get one (might be useful one day), it may get dirty but isn't it washable ?
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information