GW-4000R-4AJF Sky Cockpit
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: GW-4000R-4AJF Sky Cockpit

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GW-4000R-4AJF Sky Cockpit

Been away from the forum for a bit because hanging out here was costing me several hundred dollars a month. Lol. Kept buying watches. Nothing expensive-- 100-200$ but it adds up. A lot of the time I regret the purchase and end up giving it away. Anyhow, really missed this place.

SO.... I've always loved the gw4000 models and lately the Orange resin strap one has been calling to me.
    If I order it I'm going to order an OEM black strap on the side (it's only 30ish dollars) in case I regret the color. Either way-- the face is so much nicer than the standard black one that even if I wanted the black one.... I'd order THIS one and swap out the Orange strap for black.

Please se tell me what y'all think and if anyone has the Orange version-- real life shots would be super appreciated.

Re: GW-4000R-4AJF Sky Cockpit

Quote Originally Posted by Tedzone View Post
    Been away from the forum for a bit because hanging out here was costing me several hundred dollars a month. Lol. Kept buying watches. Nothing expensive-- 100-200$ but it adds up. A lot of the time I regret the purchase and end up giving it away. Anyhow, really missed this place.

SO.... I've always loved the gw4000 models and lately the Orange resin strap one has been calling to me.
    If I order it I'm going to order an OEM black strap on the side (it's only 30ish dollars) in case I regret the color. Either way-- the face is so much nicer than the standard black one that even if I wanted the black one.... I'd order THIS one and swap out the Orange strap for black.

Please se tell me what y'all think and if anyone has the Orange version-- real life shots would be super appreciated.

I've owned the GW4000-1A for a few years and love the watch. I rarely use the full features, and forget about using the "chronograph". The alarm and multiple time zones are relatively simple to use. The solar and atomic features are great and convenient. I'm very happy with the orange accents, and the version you're considering has a great look. I really like multi color subdials vs the single color on mine, and think the orange band looks great. I'd highly recommend the watch and think the new color is great.
    Tedzone likes this.

I've been considering this one for a while too. Is the Orange band matte or gloss?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Dunno MCZK, that's exactly why I started this post. I've seen countless pictures and still can't really tell. I was hoping I'd get some real pics here. This baby is gonna run me probably just over 400$ before it gets to my hands here in Canada. I have watches that cost a lot more than that but still-- for a gshock that's not exactly cheap. I don't mind paying for it but I need to know it's exactly what I think it is.

Matte. Sold one a while back.

If you google "GW-4000R-4AJF" and then click on Images you will see many pictures of the watch and band , and many real life wrist shots.

Not to dispute the poster above stating the band is matte, many I see sure look glossy.

Name:  500-GW-4000R-4AJF-3.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  197.1 KB

Name:  full_file.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  51.4 KB

Name:  7897075404_img_3_b.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  26.9 KB
    Last edited by TixTox; December 8th, 2014 at 17:50.
    “Time is an illusion.” ― Albert Einstein

I have the GW4000r-4a strap on order from PacParts (PacParts: 91087147136) to put on my regular GW4000-1a. Ordered it back on Nov 12th so it should be coming any time now. I'll post pics.

FWIW: I do like the new model better than the GW4000-1a... it looks like an update to the GW3000m-4. The missing ingredient would be the grey metal bezel from the GW4000-1a3. But I already have the standard model, so I thought I might as well bling it up. I did the same thing with my GW3000 by putting the GW3000m-4 band on it.

I'll also update my Orange Crush pics when I get the GW4000RD-4a band in. The only mod currently showing in the old pic is the GWA1000fc-5 has orange o-rings swapped in, so the GW3000 isn't shown in its current state:
    Name:  Orange Crush.jpg
Views: 919
Size:  2.16 MB
    Chrisek likes this.

Thanks dpeete, as was stated above, I've read that the resin is matte yet in every pic I've seen it looks glossy. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by MCZK View Post
    Thanks dpeete, as was stated above, I've read that the resin is matte yet in every pic I've seen it looks glossy. Thanks for taking one for the team.
    You have me on your blocked list?
    “Time is an illusion.” ― Albert Einstein

Hello Guys, I am glad I found this thread. I have ordered the same watch with the orange strap from shoppinginjapan.net, and should have it delivered in the next couple of days. I really like the orange strap, because that makes the watch outstanding and cool, but somebody mentioned that the strap can be changed later on. Where can I order the black strap for this particular model, and is it hard to change the strap? Can I change it my self or will I have to take it to a jeweler shop? Thanks for any answer, Rob

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information