GW-400J battery?

Thread: GW-400J battery?

Question GW-400J battery?

Hey guys, I'm new here. (I spent like a week just surfing around here and finally decided to sign up.)

Anyway, I've been eyeing the GW-400 watch because of its vibration alarm and full set of features. However, I'd like to know the battery it uses for its solar cell. I heard about the CTL1616 thing, and although I have a GW-500A that works fine with it, I don't want to take any risks. I've searched for quite a while trying to find out, but still haven't found my answer.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind hearing any opinions on the watch itself, . (I've heard that its light weight and the buttons are somewhat weak.)

Thanks!

Re: GW-400J battery?

The newer CTL-1616 watches are more reliable. Nothing last forever and all batteries die eventully. But to maximize your chances, leave off using the light function too much as this seems to kill the watch quick.

It is a great watch and I like mine

Cheers
    Leon

Thanks for the reply. I'll take note about not using the EL light too much. Other than that, it sounds like a great watch. Now I just have to decide between the 400 and the G-7500 (I like the idea of the data memory thing).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Eckell
    The newer CTL-1616 watches are more reliable. Nothing last forever and all batteries die eventully. But to maximize your chances, leave off using the light function too much as this seems to kill the watch quick.

It is a great watch and I like mine

Cheers
    Leon
    I got a few Giez with that battery in them and NO problems ! But I keep mine 12 hours a day under a natural light I bought just to keep mine charged and the Echo drives I have ! beats putting them in the sun and forgetting them :O) I have done that :O) my oldest ones are 2 or 3 yrs old is all thou so in the super LONG term I don't know !:-S Casio does stress in there books to keep them in bright light as much as posible !!!
    Last edited by pipes; September 8th, 2006 at 02:31.

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by TomG
    Hey guys, I'm new here. (I spent like a week just surfing around here and finally decided to sign up.)

Anyway, I've been eyeing the GW-400 watch because of its vibration alarm and full set of features. However, I'd like to know the battery it uses for its solar cell. I heard about the CTL1616 thing, and although I have a GW-500A that works fine with it, I don't want to take any risks. I've searched for quite a while trying to find out, but still haven't found my answer.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind hearing any opinions on the watch itself, . (I've heard that its light weight and the buttons are somewhat weak.)

Thanks!
    Hi Tom -

I have quite a few of the 400 and got them the same week they were released whilst In Japan which is going back a substantial amount of time.

All are new in the boxes, and I just checked, all were in sleep and after removing the lids, on comes the display so no problems with the battery, however, no idea what numbered battery is within.

Apart from that, beautifully made G-Shock, the buttons don't appear week at all, but rather nice and large and easy to push. Good for big fingers.

They are a fairly thick model, although not as big as a FROGMAN, although not as small as a DW-5600.

Really different and fancy model

Hope this helps in your decision

Thread Information