Attached you can see a photo of my GW-5000-1JF, purchased new from a reputable seller in Japan and shipped to USA, manufactured late 2013.
- First, I noticed that the lines at the bottom of the display do not line up (circled at the bottom of the photo). I have searched for other GW-5000-1JF photos on the Internet but I have not found others nearly as off as mine.
- Second, I noticed that this misalignment makes the P (for PM, circled left) indicator difficult to read when worn on the left wrist.
- Finally, when taking this photo, I can see the difference in the top right corner (circled) and the top left corner -- but this doesn't bother me as much.
- When pressing the RECEIVING button, a squeak can be heard. I think the button is rubbing on the bezel.
Questions for the forum:
- Is this considered acceptable for a premium, Japan-made G-Shock?
- If I were to send this back to Casio, would they fix it?
- If I were to screw open the case, do you think I could fix the internal alignment?