WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

GW-5000 1JF arrives: First unboxing threads

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  ccm123 
#1 · (Edited)
So my GW6900 left me in a trade, and I felt the G-Shock void. After researching for what would be my perfect G, I discovered the GW5000. In my job I believe if you deliver quality people will be happy paying for it, thus my justification for splurging on this superb watch. Member Ottovonn helped reinforce my decision. I had tried on a few squares at the SoHo store but looking at photos on WUS convinced me I needed this stealthy piece.

Package arrived from Seiya today. I am very happy. No issues with the buttons for me. I love the feel and minimalist feature set.

I've always thought unboxing threads were silly, but I think we all have to do it once. Here's my attempt:

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
I'm extremely happy that you like the watch. I never get tired of seeing it posted. You soon might find yourself taking it off at random intervals just to admire the finish on the DLC coated screwback. If there's ever a one G-shock to rule them all -- it probably doesn't exist -- the GW-5000 must be among the few that can compete for that title. Wear it and enjoy it. This "luxury" G welcomes wear and tear and asks for more.

As a side note, it's interesting that the solar panels on yours are purple. My second GW-5000 has bluish solar panels, which I assumed were because it was from a newer batch.

#8 ·
Thanks, everyone. The strap is noticeably comfortable. Otto, I don't think there will be a G that rules all, but this one might for urban dwellers.

I really like how it doesn't stand out. It's very low key but you feel the quality on the wrist.

Thanks to all the G Shock WUSers for guiding me towards this model.

#9 ·
So we can see the GW-5000 was recently in production as yours was made on January 21st of 2014 by the number on the back. Thanks for showing it.

#10 ·
I like my GW-6900's, but, for the life of me, I cannot figure out why the CDT shows the starting countdown value (you know, as opposed to something useful, like, I dunno...maybe the current TIME??? :roll: ).

Reactions: Flex1493
#12 ·
I ordered one a week ago today and received it Friday. Very easy set up and no issues with daylight saving time change over. Atomic synch was unremarkable. Unobtrusive, very good everyday watch. I should have picked up the GW-5000-1JF much earlier. A classic that every WIS should experience and have as part of their basic collection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.