GW-5000: Absent from Casio Catalog. Replacement Coming? - Page 2
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: GW-5000: Absent from Casio Catalog. Replacement Coming?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: GW-5000: Absent from Casio Catalog. Replacement Coming?

Am i missing something?
    You got BT resin, You got BT steel with screw back.
    So one thing missing is BT/resin/screw?
    It won't warrant intimidate R/D and testing investment. Though they can put module into GW case with relative ease. Problem will be how you spread models: square resin/BT is same price as screw back no BT and one step up you hitting steel/resin combo BT/STN. That i think creates bigger problem.
    Original 5000 i think will remain in production it just marketing thing what sold and what not on different markets.
    Which makes me sad often but hey, you can call Casio and express your concerns or attend G-Shock event and express it personally to VP/president of Casio USA.
    Casio has such bulk of different models it almost unsustainable. I do not refer to different colors.
    Last edited by Rocket1991; June 13th, 2019 at 16:33.
    Dxnnis likes this.
    It should be special!

Sapphire glass would also be a big plus
    tomchicago and G-Drive like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pl_gristle View Post
    Absolutely!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pl_gristle View Post
    Sapphire has different optical characteristics from mineral glass. From the momentum watch website:

Sapphire crystal is more reflective than mineral crystal due to its higher index of refraction. (1,8 compared to 1,47). Applying one or more layers of AR (anti-reflective) coating will limit this reflection to a very low level. Very often, lines and marks on the top surface of a sapphire crystal are mistaken for scratches but are actually the scratched AR coating, or just AR coating wearing off after time. An AR coating on the inside of the crystal provides a good AR performance while avoiding this problem.
    With LCDs, these reflections are an even more significant consideration than with analog dials. Many Casios have printing on the underside of the glass already, which may complicate the AR coating challenge. If Casio does introduce sapphire crystals on the premium square models, look for information about AR coatings in the announcement.

I personally like mineral crystals just fine, as long as the crystal can be replaced at minimal cost. I ordered two backup crystals for my DW-5035D from PacParts for about $10 each, and I believe a watchmaker would be happy to install one for $10 or so.

same in between line reading that happens every time a G catalog or bible is released, there's usually a "glaringly obvious" omission and the townsfolk become restless.
    if you look back over a few issues of the catalogs youll see theyll include some and exclude others but the highlight is always on the new/current models.

having just come back from japan i can confidently say they are still in full production, every shop that sold Gs had at least a 5000 and a 5600 and i looked at ALOT of shops :p haha

regarding the 5000, im not sure if theyll ever replace it, at least not for a very long time, just like the 5600e itll probably live on as a revered staple. therell be a new improved model but theyll keep the classic.
    tomchicago likes this.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Would love to see a DW-5000 ie screwback but with a good, strong battery-operated (nonsolar) non-MB6 module

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsu Tekubi View Post
    same in between line reading that happens every time a G catalog or bible is released, there's usually a "glaringly obvious" omission and the townsfolk become restless.
    if you look back over a few issues of the catalogs youll see theyll include some and exclude others but the highlight is always on the new/current models.

having just come back from japan i can confidently say they are still in full production, every shop that sold Gs had at least a 5000 and a 5600 and i looked at ALOT of shops :p haha

regarding the 5000, im not sure if theyll ever replace it, at least not for a very long time, just like the 5600e itll probably live on as a revered staple. therell be a new improved model but theyll keep the classic.
    Last edited by tomchicago; 4 Weeks Ago at 17:43.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information