GW-5000: Absent from Casio Catalog. Replacement Coming?
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: GW-5000: Absent from Casio Catalog. Replacement Coming?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GW-5000: Absent from Casio Catalog. Replacement Coming?

Interesting point by G-Central. What does F17 think? Is the much-discussed GW-5000 replacement in the works? I think it's more likely than not that a GW-5000 refresh/update commeth:

The GW-5000-1JF is not listed but not dead: While the expected GMW-B5000 and GW-B5600 series are listed along with some of the popular 5600 models, the absence of the fan-favorite GW-5000-1JF screw-back model is a glaring omission, but relax. It is still listed at Gshock.jp and is still in production. Casio probably prefers to give more attention to the newer full-metal and Bluetooth squares which are in a similar price range. Looking on the bright side, maybe it’s an indication that some sort of updated GW-5000 is coming soon (perhaps with a Bluetooth module or a non-Bluetooth module similar to solid gold G-D5000-9). Alternatively, maybe there just wasn’t enough space for it in the catalog.
    Download the Casio Watch Collection 2019 Vol. 1 catalog as a 12MB PDF file here.
    memento_mori likes this.

Re: GW-5000: Absent from Casio Catalog. Replacement Coming?

Adding Bluetooth in a future model would be "a bit of a stumble" if you ask me.
    Dxnnis and zack20cb like this.

I'd love to see current time display return to the timer and chrono windows.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thinking out loud... Assuming there's a hypothetical new GW-5000 coming, no matter whether they included Bluetooth or not, I'd hope to see a proper charge level indicator right on the LCD, still. Not featuring such a readout on the recent Bluetooth steel squares is one of the reasons why I haven't been that interested in those, and prefer the GW-5000.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokkaelaein View Post
    Thinking out loud... Assuming there's a hypothetical new GW-5000 coming, no matter whether they included Bluetooth or not, I'd hope to see a proper charge level indicator right on the LCD, still. Not featuring such a readout on the recent Bluetooth steel squares is one of the reasons why I haven't been that interested in those, and prefer the GW-5000.
    It would at least be nice to see the power level without the app, even if it's not shown on the display continuously. On my two Pathfinder/Pro Trek ana-digi models, the power level can be seen when returning to the timekeeping screen, or when pressing and holding the mode button. Something similar could have been done with the metal squares.
    Dxnnis and tomchicago like this.

Agreed the app-only battery level is a design weakness. Personally I've really been warming up to my battery operated squares lately (non-solar). I like the louder alarm and brighter light.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    It would at least be nice to see the power level without the app, even if it's not shown on the display continuously. On my two Pathfinder/Pro Trek ana-digi models, the power level can be seen when returning to the timekeeping screen, or when pressing and holding the mode button. Something similar could have been done with the metal squares.

For me personally, I would love if they kept the battery indicator as the app-only indicator is a terrible design. The other thing is to keep the same urethane strap that the GW-5000 has. Other than that, anything else would be a bonus (bigger buttons, STN display etc).

I don't think the Gw5000 is or will ever be replaced. Way to much of a good thing to mess with. I think the bluetooth models are in the lineup to go with the Gw5000, not replace it.
    Dxnnis likes this.

GW-5000 with Bluetooth and STN display would be awesome!!
    IG: @wtma
    ---
    CASIO G-SHOCK GMW-B5000-1 PRO TREK PRT-4000T-7A PRT-4000T-7B
    SEIKO PROSPEX MARINEMASTER PROFESSIONAL SBBN007
    GLYCINE AIRMAN VINTAGE 1953 LE 3904.14/66AIRMAN DC-4 3904.19H24/66
    DAMASKO LARGE AVIATOR MANUFACTORY CALIBRE DK15

TUDOR HERITAGE BLACK BAY 36 M79500-0004
    OMEGA SPEEDMASTER PROFESSIONAL MOONWATCH 311.30.42.30.01.006

JAEGER-LECOULTRE GRANDE REVERSO ULTRA THIN DUOFACE Q3788570 (GRAIL)

Quote Originally Posted by wtma View Post
    GW-5000 with Bluetooth and STN display would be awesome!!
    So you almost go to GMW's in fact.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information