GW-5000 bezel spread, in pics
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: GW-5000 bezel spread, in pics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GW-5000 bezel spread, in pics

Picked up another one yesterday. The aim of having one on bracelet and bull bars and the other stock. Thought I'd give a glimpse of what nine-ish years of wear looks like :)

Old on left, new on right :)

PS: Anyone know how to decode the serial #'s on the back to tell date of manufacture?
    Attached Images Attached Images

kevio, Dxnnis, tmztmz and 4 others like this.

Re: GW-5000 bezel spread, in pics

Quote Originally Posted by perfectlykevin View Post
    Picked up another one yesterday. The aim of having one on bracelet and bull bars and the other stock. Thought I'd give a glimpse of what nine-ish years of wear looks like :)

Old on left, new on right :)

PS: Anyone know how to decode the serial #'s on the back to tell date of manufacture?
    Two GW-5Ks I’m impressed.

Try HERE for decoding serial nos. Post #7
    Last edited by kenls; 3 Weeks Ago at 17:48. Reason: detail
    Dxnnis, babyivan, Rippa and 1 others like this.
    Ken

Casio G-Shock
    GW-4000D. GWG-1000. GG-1000. GW-M5610-1ER (x2). DW-5600BBN.
    MTG-S1000V. GW-9400-1CR. GW-9400 x2). G-9300. GW-5000.
    GMW-B5000. DW-5600HRGRZ. GW-B5600HR. (Hydro’d watches)

Casio Pro-Trek
    PRW-6600Y-1ER

Quote Originally Posted by kenls View Post
    Two GW-5Ks I’m impressed.

Try HERE for decoding serial nos. Post #7
    2 GW-5K's within the last decade :) The price has really come down on these, and in the end even one of these is about half that of a Frogman. :) I also justify this purchase as a watch that is about a fourth of what a Rolex Submariner overhaul might be :) LOL!!
    Last edited by perfectlykevin; 3 Weeks Ago at 18:44.
    kenls, blondygirl69 and Rippa like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks good for 9 years old

Mine is 7
    Name:  A05B8434-D53F-4C46-AC05-5DC43FF49AF1.jpeg
Views: 88
Size:  214.3 KB

GW5000 is King of G-Shock to me, even though I sold mine. I got tired of solar and sync. I like old school battery movement no sync. I hope Casio issue a version like that, but more likely, GW-B5000 is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by tomchicago View Post
    GW5000 is King of G-Shock to me, even though I sold mine. I got tired of solar and sync. I like old school battery movement no sync. I hope Casio issue a version like that, but more likely, GW-B5000 is coming.
    I'm good with solar my 1- year old model has never dipped below High for charging, but synching for me is a hassle. I live too far east of Colorado for it to be useful many nights. I prefer to do it manually anyway. Usually I'm only off by a second or 2 anyway. Oh, and I don't need email or text alerts either! LOL!
    blondygirl69 likes this.

Nice duo. The sight of just one square is enough to make me drool so with two - best stand back.
    perfectlykevin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectlykevin View Post
    I'm good with solar my 1- year old model has never dipped below High for charging, but synching for me is a hassle. I live too far east of Colorado for it to be useful many nights. I prefer to do it manually anyway. Usually I'm only off by a second or 2 anyway. Oh, and I don't need email or text alerts either! LOL!

I live in the the same area as you do Kevin (and still have that casio overland I got from you back in 2008) and my Casio and Citizen atomic watches struggle to get the signal from Colorado even on a window sill facing Colorado at night.

By contrast, I have a super cheapy no name brand atomic wall clock that I bought used for $5 at a thrift store a few years ago which hangs on the wall in my laundry room in the basement(which is located in the deepest part of my home and not near any windows or doors going outside) gets the radio signal and syncs up all the time. Which is an irony, I had to change all my Casio and Citizen atomics to DST manually but this silly @$$ clock in my basement picked the signal up and adjusted on its own.

That is probably due to the antenna. I am certain the one in your clock is much closer to the wavelength of 15 meters (20MHz)than the tiny one in the watch. WWV in Ft. Collins broadcasts at that frequency.

It’s entirely possible that the clock has a full 1/4 wave antenna inside it.

Sorry for the science lesson...I’m just into RADIO.
    perfectlykevin and Dxnnis like this.
    ....It should have worked....I used genuine Saskatchewan Seal Skin bindings....

Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    I live in the the same area as you do Kevin (and still have that casio overland I got from you back in 2008) and my Casio and Citizen atomic watches struggle to get the signal from Colorado even on a window sill facing Colorado at night.

By contrast, I have a super cheapy no name brand atomic wall clock that I bought used for $5 at a thrift store a few years ago which hangs on the wall in my laundry room in the basement(which is located in the deepest part of my home and not near any windows or doors going outside) gets the radio signal and syncs up all the time. Which is an irony, I had to change all my Casio and Citizen atomics to DST manually but this silly @$$ clock in my basement picked the signal up and adjusted on its own.
    Those Overlands were pretty amazing, but not being close to a tower makes synching mostly miss. :( For me the draw of the 5000 is the steel case and solar power. I could be just as happy with it if it didn't have MB6 in it.
    Dxnnis likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information