GW-5000 and GW5610 size comparison
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: GW-5000 and GW5610 size comparison

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    113

    GW-5000 and GW5610 size comparison

    Hi all,

    After about a year of contemplating I finally caved and ordered a GW-5000.

    I have been wearing my 5610 almost exclusively for the past year or so and the lug to lug width is slightly too small on my 6.75 inch wrist.

    Tonight I put on my 5600 and was surprised at how much more room i had in the wrist area.

    Is the 5000 going to give me more wrist room than the 5610?

    Thank you for your help!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    863

    Re: GW-5000 and GW5610 size comparison

    5000 wear more like a 5600 than 5610. But I think they are very close. You'll be happy with your 5000
    inky0ct0pus likes this.

  3. #3
    Member Nokkaelaein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    140

    Re: GW-5000 and GW5610 size comparison

    Yep, it will wear exactly like the 5600, so you will be pleased ... [Edit: exactly like the 5600 regarding that lug measurement; there will naturally be a _slight_ overall difference in how it sits when you compare the effect of 5000's screwback to a common 5600 backplate.] The slightly larger (than 5610) bezels of 5600/5000 are interchangeable, no size difference. So you can also mix and match and fit a wide variety of 5600 bezs if you get the bug of customizing your 5000, hehe.
    DingoDave and inky0ct0pus like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member DingoDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Posts
    86

    Re: GW-5000 and GW5610 size comparison

    The 5000 fits almost the same as the dw5600e. Maybe half a mm taller. They both fit me great on my 6 3/4 inch wrist where I could not get a comfortable fit because of the shorter lug to lug on the 5610. I have no idea why Casio made the 5610 and variants slightly smaller than all the other squares going back to 83. I wish they had made them the same size as bezels would all be interchangable and parts swappable.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    inky0ct0pus likes this.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    113

    Re: GW-5000 and GW5610 size comparison

    Awesome, that's great to hear! Thanks all!

    What are your views or experiences with screen protectors for the face? Every gshock I've worn daily has gotten at least one scratch on the mineral crystal and I'm thinking of putting a screen protector on the 5000 when it arrives.

  7. #6
    Member Ottovonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,596

    Re: GW-5000 and GW5610 size comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by inky0ct0pus View Post
    Awesome, that's great to hear! Thanks all!

    What are your views or experiences with screen protectors for the face? Every gshock I've worn daily has gotten at least one scratch on the mineral crystal and I'm thinking of putting a screen protector on the 5000 when it arrives.
    I have installed a few bought from a seller on Ebay. The protector I added onto my 5000 has stayed secure and is just barely peeling at one of the edges. That said, it's barely perceptible and does a great job of protecting the screen discreetly.

    I bought mine from a seller called standigo.
    Nokkaelaein, inky0ct0pus and FROG like this.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

    View my collection **here**

    View my feedback by clicking **here**

    Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

    Otto

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    113

    Re: GW-5000 and GW5610 size comparison

    That's who I ordered mine from! Thank you!
    Ottovonn likes this.

  9. #8
    Member Nokkaelaein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    140

    Re: GW-5000 and GW5610 size comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by Ottovonn View Post
    I have installed a few bought from a seller on Ebay. The protector I added onto my 5000 has stayed secure and is just barely peeling at one of the edges. That said, it's barely perceptible and does a great job of protecting the screen discreetly.

    I bought mine from a seller called standigo.
    Ah, incidentally, I tried to find this seller already when reading about it in some earlier post of yours. Thanks for the tip, it's nice to know there are protectors readily available for this model - but I haven't been able to locate the seller : \ ... Googling ebay and "standigo"... pretty much only leads back here. Is there a specific product name/description I can try searching? I found some on the US Amazon, don't know if it's the same protector type, but it's from a seller that doesn't ship all the way to northern Europe.

    I'm usually not that interested in screen protectors, but I figured what the heck, I've put together my "ultimate g-shock" and I'm planning on using it daily for years to come, without babying it at all, so I'll much rather just replace the screen protector every few years instead of some central part of the watch itself. Especially if the protector is practically invisible when it's on the crystal. It would be veeery cool if there were some gorilla glass type of protectors specifically for square G-Shocks, but I don't think there are any ready made ones for sale anywhere?

  10. #9
    Member Ottovonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,596

    Re: GW-5000 and GW5610 size comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by Nokkaelaein View Post
    Ah, incidentally, I tried to find this seller already when reading about it in some earlier post of yours. Thanks for the tip, it's nice to know there are protectors readily available for this model - but I haven't been able to locate the seller : \ ... Googling ebay and "standigo"... pretty much only leads back here. Is there a specific product name/description I can try searching? I found some on the US Amazon, don't know if it's the same protector type, but it's from a seller that doesn't ship all the way to northern Europe.

    I'm usually not that interested in screen protectors, but I figured what the heck, I've put together my "ultimate g-shock" and I'm planning on using it daily for years to come, without babying it at all, so I'll much rather just replace the screen protector every few years instead of some central part of the watch itself. Especially if the protector is practically invisible when it's on the crystal. It would be veeery cool if there were some gorilla glass type of protectors specifically for square G-Shocks, but I don't think there are any ready made ones for sale anywhere?
    I've had mine on my GW-5000 since maybe early May. I don't baby my GW-5000, so it's often showered with, bumped against things, and worn frequently to the gym while I train with weights. The protector hasn't slipped off since and it's hardly noticeable. For around a few bucks, these protectors provide so much bang for every buck.

    Here's the link on fleaBay. I have no idea where gorilla glass protectors, if they exist, are sold, however.

    My 5000 with the protector installed:

    Name:  GW50000.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  91.1 KB

    Name:  classic5000.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  91.1 KB

    (slight peel at the top left corner)
    Nokkaelaein, inky0ct0pus and FROG like this.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

    View my collection **here**

    View my feedback by clicking **here**

    Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

    Otto

  11. #10
    Member Nokkaelaein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    140

    Re: GW-5000 and GW5610 size comparison

    Thanks a bunch!

    Edit: aaaaah now I understand why I didn't get any hits when searching for "standigo", it's actually "standingo"
    Ottovonn likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 23
      Last Post: March 6th, 2018, 02:32
    2. 214270 Explorer MKII and Speedmaster Size Comparison
      By Fleet Fox in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: November 30th, 2017, 01:20
    3. Excellent GW-5000 and GB-5600b comparison by Andrew Nik
      By Ottovonn in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: November 29th, 2014, 17:02
    4. New arrivals and a size comparison
      By jun0 in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: September 24th, 2013, 04:51
    5. Omega 2254.50 and Ploprof size comparison
      By Kirk280 in forum Omega
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: December 31st, 2011, 02:07

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •