GW-501 Shows full charge but displays "recover"??

Thread: GW-501 Shows full charge but displays "recover"??

GW-501 Shows full charge but displays "recover"??

I have had this watch for about 5 years and when I am not wearing it I place it on a window sill. I just put it on and pressed the light button and only got a quick flash and now the "recover" indicator flashes on the display. The odd thing is that the battery indicator shows a full charge. I suppose the battery might need replaced, but shouldn't the battery indicator show a low charge? Has anybody ever had this same problem? I plan on leaving the watch outside on my porch railing for the next few days to see if it helps. BTW, all other functions work, including all beep tones and the countdown progress beeper. Could it be that the El light is dying? Thanks for any feedback. Dave

Re: GW-501 Shows full charge but displays "recover"??

This has been seen before and can indicate that the watch is about to give up the ghost. The GW-500 often had this problem, and yours is a related model, I believe.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thanks for the response. Do you mean the battery or the module is on the way out?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Quote Originally Posted by bugs View Post
    Thanks for the response. Do you mean the battery or the module is on the way out?
    Its probably the rechargeable battery.
    But in some cases also a battery exchange doesnt help.

If you can source a new rechargeable, give it a try!

thanks 2dmac. I'm going to try and locate the proper...

battery and replace the old one. The watch was too expensive to not give it a try. It was a limited edition model with a nice blue display and unique resin/fabric strap(very comfortable). Unfortunately, I have a solar 5600 that is behaving erratically in charging too. I'm starting to wonder about these solar models. I haven't even changed any of my standard battery models, some of which are much older.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Re: thanks 2dmac. I'm going to try and locate the proper...

Quote Originally Posted by bugs View Post
    battery and replace the old one. The watch was too expensive to not give it a try. It was a limited edition model with a nice blue display and unique resin/fabric strap(very comfortable). Unfortunately, I have a solar 5600 that is behaving erratically in charging too. I'm starting to wonder about these solar models. I haven't even changed any of my standard battery models, some of which are much older.

Try a search atomic solar vs. standard battery.
    I think this topic is well covered in this forum....

Thread Information