Gw-5600 nato?

Thread: Gw-5600 nato?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    253

    Question Gw-5600 nato?

    I am brand new to G-Shocks so you'll have to forgive some ignorance here.
    I am interested in the GW5600BJ-1 or perhaps the GWM5600-1 but want to put whichever on a NATO or some kind of cloth or leather strap. A wide black velcro would be very cool. Any ideas?
    Another option would be getting a bracelet similar to the one on the GW5600BCJ-1 and fitting it to one of the above. Would that work and where could I get one and how much?
    Many thanks in advance.:thanks
    J

  2. #2
    Member gaijin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    GMT -7
    Posts
    7,350

    Re: Gw-5600 nato?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    I am brand new to G-Shocks so you'll have to forgive some ignorance here.
    I am interested in the GW5600BJ-1 or perhaps the GWM5600-1 but want to put whichever on a NATO or some kind of cloth or leather strap. A wide black velcro would be very cool. Any ideas?
    Another option would be getting a bracelet similar to the one on the GW5600BCJ-1 and fitting it to one of the above. Would that work and where could I get one and how much?
    Many thanks in advance.:thanks
    J
    OK, here's what I know:

    - You can buy a bracelet for the GW5600 HERE for $89.00.

    - That bracelet will fit only the GW5600, it will not fit the GWM5600.

    - You can but "Band Adapters" HERE for $12.00/pair.

    - Those band adapters will allow you to use a NATO/Zulu type strap on a G-Shock.

    - I am not sure whether those adapters will work equally well with both the GW5600 and the GWM5600 due to the difference in the backs.

    Hope I answered some of your questions
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    253

    Re: Gw-5600 nato?

    That's a good start. Its not very clear as to which models the adapters will work with. The GWs and the GWMs are not listed. Perhaps someone here knows_
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    OK, here's what I know:

    - You can buy a bracelet for the GW5600 HERE for $89.00.

    - That bracelet will fit only the GW5600, it will not fit the GWM5600.

    - You can but "Band Adapters" HERE for $12.00/pair.

    - Those band adapters will allow you to use a NATO/Zulu type strap on a G-Shock.

    - I am not sure whether those adapters will work equally well with both the GW5600 and the GWM5600 due to the difference in the backs.

    Hope I answered some of your questions

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member crew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: Gw-5600 nato?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    A wide black velcro would be very cool.
    I could make you a custom one similar to this..




    More pics here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=192231
    -Matt

    A man with one watch knows what time it is..
    A man with two watches is never quite sure.

  6. #5
    Member johsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    336

    Re: Gw-5600 nato?

    Strap adapters will not work on a GW5600.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    253

    Re: Gw-5600 nato?

    Well, sometimes things move faster than expected. Judt sent PPal out to a forum member for a like-new GWM5600-1 on the composite bracelet.
    I still think I would prefer a cloth or leather strap but we will see. I can always sell the bracelet.
    Crew, your strap is really awesome. I very likely will be in touch. There is a guy that makes great black velcro straps of which I spoke, that I have seen on the Omega forum, especially for Speedmasters. I don't think he is currently in business but maybe I can find a picture of what I am talking about. Basically its about an inch wide black nylon velcro strap that wraps around the wrist and fastens just right according to srist size.
    Thanks to all, & man, I can't wait to join the club!

  8. #7
    Member crew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: Gw-5600 nato?

    I've actually been looking for a composite bracelet, so maybe we can work something out.
    -Matt

    A man with one watch knows what time it is..
    A man with two watches is never quite sure.

  9. #8
    Member cascadien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    1,011

    Cool Re: Gw-5600 nato?

    GW-M5600BC on a 24 mil maratac strap...

    i rarely take it off
    Attached Images Attached Images



    "Far out, in the uncharted backwaters at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of a galaxy, lies a small unregarded yellow sun. orbiting this at a distance of roughly 92 million miles
    is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."
    The Hitchhikers Guide

  10. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    94

    Re: Gw-5600 nato?

    Cascadien,

    That looks great! Can I use the same setup with my GW-M5600? I have the resin band version, so I want to make sure first.

    Where did you get the band/adapters by the way?

  11. #10
    Member cascadien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    1,011

    Cool Re: Gw-5600 nato?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGShocker View Post
    Cascadien,

    That looks great! Can I use the same setup with my GW-M5600? I have the resin band version, so I want to make sure first.

    Where did you get the band/adapters by the way?
    yes its no problem, the adapters work with all 5600's except for the GW.

    i got them from Casio usa, 1 800 223 2001
    part # 74243710 theyre 2 bucks each.

    you can get a strap online thru various places, or e-bay for around $12-$14, i got mine here
    www.broadarrow.net/maratac.htm
    "Far out, in the uncharted backwaters at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of a galaxy, lies a small unregarded yellow sun. orbiting this at a distance of roughly 92 million miles
    is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."
    The Hitchhikers Guide

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •