GW-6900-1 or GW9000A-1 Mudman comparison pics, thoughts needed

Thread: GW-6900-1 or GW9000A-1 Mudman comparison pics, thoughts needed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile GW-6900-1 or GW9000A-1 Mudman comparison pics, thoughts needed

Up until a few weeks ago, I had a GW-5600J-1JF (and a bunch of automatic/hand wind watches) that I was perfectly happy with. Then I started reading posts on another forum re the new atomic solar Froggies. I started looking around, bought a GW9000A-1 Mudman and a MIRB Frogman (which I am VERY happy with). I wound up giving the Mudman to my stepson, who seems to like it a lot. He's soon going into training to be a fireman.

Anyway, I now have the need/desire to get something (atomic solar) bigger than a 5600, but smaller than a Frogman. I'd like to keep the cost under $100. The two watches I'm looking at are the GW-6900-1 and the GW9000A-1 Mudman.

Comparison pics would be greatly appreciated. I know the Mudman is very comfortable. I'm curious to hear how the comfort, readability and size of time digits of the GW-6900-1 fares in comparison to the Mudman.

I knew I should have stayed away from this forum. Darn G-Shocks are addictive!
    "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'." (attributed to Mary Anne Radmacher-Hershey)

Re: GW-6900-1 or GW9000A-1 Mudman comparison pics, thoughts needed

geopro. Has a thread already with exactly what you're looking for.

Love my gw6900. Never envisioned me having a 6900 series as I thought they were terrible looking. But now its my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by L.O. Little View Post
    Up until a few weeks ago, I had a GW-5600J-1JF (and a bunch of automatic/hand wind watches) that I was perfectly happy with. Then I started reading posts on another forum re the new atomic solar Froggies. I started looking around, bought a GW9000A-1 Mudman and a MIRB Frogman (which I am VERY happy with). I wound up giving the Mudman to my stepson, who seems to like it a lot. He's soon going into training to be a fireman.

Anyway, I now have the need/desire to get something (atomic solar) bigger than a 5600, but smaller than a Frogman. I'd like to keep the cost under $100. The two watches I'm looking at are the GW-6900-1 and the GW9000A-1 Mudman.

Comparison pics would be greatly appreciated. I know the Mudman is very comfortable. I'm curious to hear how the comfort, readability and size of time digits of the GW-6900-1 fares in comparison to the Mudman.

I knew I should have stayed away from this forum. Darn G-Shocks are addictive!
    I narrowed down my watch selection to the exact two watches you've selected.

I originally bought the gw6900 about two weeks ago because I liked the look of the three eyes. I bought the watch online from Sears and returned it immediately upon my actual pick up (search my gw6900 thread). When I say immediately, I mean within two minutes! I felt as though the display wasn't proportional. The day of the week was extremely larger then the month/date display. On the dw6900, the size is almost equal. Needless to say, I went with my second choice, the gw9000a. I got it three days ago and I am happy with it. I like the unbalanced bezel appearance, the large time and date digits, the five circles, dust resistant buttons, etc. Some complain that the day of the week cannot be displayed in conjunction with the month/date, but who cares? If you do not know the day of the week then you've got other problems imo. Good luck!
    "It is the hour of pearl—the interval between day and night when time stops and examines itself."
    -j. steinbeck

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DW6600 (same chasis as the 6900)

mudman

i don't know if these pics help but the profile of the mudman makes it a little easier to wear on a daily basis. the digits on the madman are slightly larger but of no real concern. none of mine are solar atomic but heres another pic of two similar watches together.

Be careful here, as the GW-6900 isn't quite as thick as the DW-6900 or DW-6600. That's not a 100% accurate comparison as a result.

GW6900 vs. G9000. Not exactly what you asked for, but pretty close. Obviously you won't be able to compare the size of the digits, but at least you can see the cases side by side.

On my wrist, comfort is a toss-up. I consider them "different but equal".

I wear these two the most out of my small collection. I have two GW5600's, one on the standard strap and one on the resin bracelet, and I don't wear either one much at all any more.

Anyway, here are the pics. My wrist is about 6 3/4".

The 6900 strap is a little on the short side for me is the Muddy's strap any longer.

Welcome to the forum, fester!

I think the Mudman strap might be a little longer, but I don't have the watches to check. Someone will chime in, I'm sure.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by FesterUK View Post
    The 6900 strap is a little on the short side for me is the Muddy's strap any longer.
    hey fester,
    the muddy's strap is definately longer than the strap on my dw6600 which in turn may be even slightly longer than the stock 6900. i can not verify that however.

Question Re: GW-6900-1 or GW9000A-1 Mudman comparison pics, thoughts needed

Is the buckle on the GW-6900-1 steel or plastic?
    "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'." (attributed to Mary Anne Radmacher-Hershey)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information